Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Restricted links?? (and random pages)

2 years ago

Hello, does anyone know how to make it that you can't click on a link unless you have some item or something? Also, after acquiring that item, is it possible to change the name of the link (for example: fsdf (blocked) and later fsdf)?

Also, is it possible to make the page so everytime you click on it, different words pop up (everything else is still the same)?

2 years ago

This article should explain link restriction:  Link

You can't change the name of a link.  What I do to get around this is I make two identical links, one that's visible before the player has triggered the condition and vanishes once they do, and one that's invisible until they trigger it.

To change the words on a page depending on variables, you can use $PAGETEXT commands, as explained in this article:  Link

This article may also help you with changing words on the page:  Link

2 years ago

Thanks (again, lol)! I'll have a look at these articles in three seconds.

2 years ago
Actually... (lol) you can change link names with page scripting, the same way you change text.

Use -

IF %Variable = 3 THEN $LINKTEXT1 := "Your Human Wizard"

2 years ago

...Really?  How??  Is there an article that explains this?

2 years ago
Of course not ! ;)

2 years ago

...huh.  I somehow failed my perception check and did not see your explanation in your comment when I read it the first time.  Thanks, this will be quite helpful!

2 years ago
^v^

Oh, and link number is the order you add them to your page, so if you delete a link, it still retains its number and a new one will continue numerically from there.

2 years ago

Lol, thanks!

2 years ago

I tried doing this with items [IF $ITEMSTATE1 = 1 THEN $LINKTEXT8 := "IT'S A PIE!"] but it didn't work. Anything I did wrong?

2 years ago

Actually, never mind, I realised that the code refers to the link number not the destination.

Although it would be nice to know what is the number for a link, if it gets deleted and stuff.

2 years ago
Today I learned something.