Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Private storygame

one month ago
Hey, noob here

Can I make a storygame using this website but keep it private? Are storygames public by default?

Private storygame

one month ago

Just un-check the box allowing sneak previews and never publish it. I don't think that will stop the mods from reading it, but the average CYS peasant won't be able to see anything except the title.

Private storygame

one month ago
You can have it on sneak peek which will mean the title and description shows in your profile, but unless you hit the publish button it's not listed anywhere, and it's only accessible to people who have the direct link. Or you can have sneak peek off which does keep it completely private. Not assuming this is your intent or anything, but keep in mind though that any explicit fetishy stuff will still be removed if it's stumbled across, particularly if there are images. There are other sites for that kind of thing.

Private storygame

one month ago
Hahaha it's nothing sexual, don't worry about that. Thanks for the info.

Private storygame

one month ago
What about admins and mods though? Can they see unpublished storygames?

Private storygame

one month ago
With the exact URL. But I think you might be worrying about this a little much, it's like pulling teeth to get people to even read the published games, nobody cares about the dozen random unpublished ones that every noob starts.

Private storygame

one month ago
How do you find the unpublished fetish storygames to delete them then?

Private storygame

one month ago

Uh oh

Private storygame

one month ago
God, I am just now realizing how bad that sounds. Alright, I am just gonna be clear. I want to make a humorous "satire" storygame with a friend as the main character. The problem is that this storygame may reveal personal information about said friend or about other people that appear in it. I want to only share the storygame with said friend. I want to make sure none can find it without the URL. Again, I DON'T want to make a fetish storygame lmao.

I guess Mizal found about the fetish storygames looking at some profile because they hadn't disabled the sneak peek option right? A storygame with the sneak peek option off would be impossible to find right? Is this correct? And I guess this also means there are some fetish storygames in this website that are impossible to find and delete because they have the sneak option off, which is another problem.

Private storygame

one month ago

You seem very worried about this fetish story-game you're making.

Private storygame

one month ago
LMFAO

I guess I am never beating the allegations. What a great way to join the community on the first day.

Private storygame

one month ago
Your platonic anime girls who are just friends really help to sell this disdain for degeneracy.

Private storygame

one month ago
Let me offer a really simple solution for all your concerns: how about just changing the names of the characters slightly from the real life ones? So that they are no longer potentially identifiable except to the person you're writing this for? Because no offense but you really seem like you might be overthinking this.

Private storygame

one month ago
I am a bit paranoid about privacy. Maybe it's better if I just make this "choose your own adventure" the old fashioned way, using microsoft word or sth. If I print it maybe it could even be a terrible birthday present (but the kind of terrible present my friend would appreciate).

Private storygame

one month ago
Well have fun with that. It would be tricky to organize and I still think you're being a little over the top paranoid, but there's no reason a CYOA style thing couldn't be printed out, that was how they originally were published.