Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Contests

17 years ago
I'm sure n00bz can't enter (no offense) but I'd like to know more about the contest, please. Like, if we vote and if so, how? or like, how would we enter? Stuff like that. Thanx.

Contests

17 years ago

any person can enter the contests on this site. as for how people win... the 2 main judges are alex and march. usually they pick a 3rd secret judge to also help. they pick their favorites and give the prizes. any game that is created within a certain time constraint is entered whether the person wants to or not. however, as of right now there are no current contests going. just talk of one in the near future. from what i remember, correct me if im wrong alex.

nate

Contests

17 years ago

chocobot is judge #3 -- only reason we said "mystery judge" was cause we didnt' know if he'd be avaiable due to army

otherwise, sounds good!

Contests

17 years ago
Dates, Dates, DAtes.

Contests

17 years ago

Do the creators all know each other in real life?

Contests

17 years ago
Yes, it was an assignment for a class, this site was.  Now look at it!

Contests

17 years ago
Is anybody else from their class a member on here?

Contests

17 years ago
nope.

Contests

17 years ago

i believe there are 3j. not as many active ones though. but yes, ive heard AP talk about people on here as if they were close friends. for instance, the extras in hte locked out series.

nate

Contests

17 years ago
Mmm, because surely somebody would have registered in order to check out the site for grading.

Contests

17 years ago

oh i meant none of mine.

Contests

17 years ago
I'm not sure about this, but thatguy I think?  He's mentioned in RPS 25 for some reason.

Contests

17 years ago
Probably that David Lovelace guy who created it checking the site out.

Contests

17 years ago
hah that woukld be sweet.

Contests

17 years ago
Who is thatguy anyway?

Contests

17 years ago
First contest winner.  Look at The Wal-Mart Game.  He made that and won the contest.

Contests

17 years ago
Where are all the contests anyways, and how d'you find out about them?

Contests

17 years ago
search the forums.

Contests

17 years ago
I found a few but they'd all been done already.

Contests

17 years ago
yeah there arent any set at the moment.

Contests

17 years ago
It's a shame only mods get trophies. Maybe we should have mini trophies, for everybody (obviously the non-moderators don't get a unique symbol). Wait, I'm going to put this in Feature Wishing Well.

Contests

17 years ago
thats lame. hahha

Contests

17 years ago
There's been a total of three contests.  The first one came out when the site was fresh.  thatguy won.  The second one was almost a year ago.  We forgot about November during that contest. lol.  The final one, was in February, this year.  JJJ won.

Contests

17 years ago
Who has the option of making an actual contest (not just talking about the Nate contest or something like that, just a usual contest)?

Contests

17 years ago
It's probably a group desicion between Alex, March, and Choco.

Contests

17 years ago
I think I read elsewhere that it's a decision between Alex and Choco, and March joins in only if he doesn't have army.

Contests

17 years ago
My mistake. It's Choco that mightn't be available due to army.. jeez, Alex said that earlier in this post. I thought he said it in a different one.

Contests

17 years ago
Yah, that's right.  I'm holding my own duel contest.  I wish to get some more people to join.

Contests

17 years ago
I'll get hiddendragon to join.

Contests

17 years ago
I joined... i feel sought after lol.

Contests

17 years ago
I can't wait to get my own trophy (if getting 1000 points really is the limit).. I'll be able to make my own mini-contests. Sort of like Nate's one.

Contests

17 years ago
that would be kinda cool. I want one... ill never get that many points!

Contests

17 years ago
It depends how far you go on the website. At the rate I'm creating games, it'll take forever.

Contests

17 years ago
You don't need any points technically, to make a mini-contest.

Contests

17 years ago
Yeah, but you could put your trophy up as the prize, like Nate did. I wouldn't put my trophy up, I'd give them a different prize. I'd hate to give my trophy to somebody who mightn't deserve it.

Contests

17 years ago
Are you saying that i didnt deserve Nates trophy?

Contests

17 years ago
no, havnt we been through this?

Contests

17 years ago

I didn't say you didn't deserve Nate's trophy.

Contests

17 years ago
I was being sarcastic.

Contests

17 years ago
Mmm... very noticeable. The contests are a great idea but they should happen more often. Maybe once a season.. like a winter contest, spring etc. and all that.

Contests

17 years ago
What kinds of contests? 

Contests

17 years ago
I mean like what kind have there already been.  Or what kind there are going to be.

Contests

17 years ago
Well, the contests (from what I've heard) are to make the best storygame within the time set. I think there has been three in the history of the site. There are little contest that the mods make sometimes though, for example solostrike's Internet Scavenger Hunt.

Contests

17 years ago
It would be cool if there were a new create a storygame contest.  it would give some of us a little extra motivation.

Contests

17 years ago
Maybe they could do one of those things where you have to make a story out of the sentence given.