Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

17 years ago
How do you avatars?

17 years ago
First you have to upload pictures.  Than you need to go into the area where you edit your profile.  Right there, you pick the picture from a dropdown list that shows your pictures.

17 years ago
Havaco i don't get what you saying to much

17 years ago
check the articles on the help&Info tab.

17 years ago
where is it i can't find it

17 years ago
If you still haven't found it. It's over under Help and Info to the side of the site.

17 years ago
In short, there are no actual avatars.  These avys are actually pics that we figured look nice.

17 years ago
I don't get the put in front of your name

17 years ago
just seeing if i got it right

17 years ago
nope

17 years ago
Go to Account under My Stuff. Look under the part where you type stuff about you and you'll see Avatar or whatever it's called. Click the Arrow and select any of the pics you have loaded. That'll come up as your avatar.

17 years ago
By the way, you'll be able to check your profile to see if it's there.

Follow the instructions:

1.  Have picture on your Computer Harddrive, CD, or Floppy
2. Click My Stuff (On CYS or MAG)
3.  Click My Pictures
4.  Click Upload New Picture
5.  Click Browse
6.  Find the picture and use that.
7.  Name it.  Call it whatever you want.
8.  Click on the Profile thing.  (where you put in the text)
9.  Find the dropdown for your Avatar.
10.  Pick that picture and click it.
11.  Save Changes.

17 years ago
8. Click on my Stuff and go to Account.

17 years ago
 What are this--->JPG & GIF

17 years ago

oh my... search them up on google.. .jpg or .gif

Its really basic.

17 years ago
Is their any un-spoken rules about Avatars... E.G If my name is hiddendragon I should have a Dragon?? or anything... had a few people comment before I had the dragon that it should be one. I didnt think It mattered.

17 years ago
It dosen't matter what you choose.  Some people change them periodically (JJJ) and others change theres very infrequent (solo).

17 years ago
about time for a change.

17 years ago
lol, I didn't even notice.  You've had this one before.

17 years ago
This was my FIRST site avatar,

17 years ago
I'll change when I find a picture that fits. I tried getting an emu but it didn't work.

17 years ago
   Same with me. It's kind of hard for me to find a picture I would like to use as an avatar, so I will probably end up keeping this one forever.

17 years ago
Yeah, I was actually trying to get a moon and then I realised you had got one. I couldn't find many pictures of a black rose, and mine sort of looks like a gemstone when squashed together.

17 years ago
Yeah i couldnt find that out.  This was my first ever avatar,

17 years ago
I'm thinking of something to do with October. I'll get a picture of a wolf next, maybe.

17 years ago
I love cars and hockey, and some bands they rule my avy selection.

17 years ago
Have you ever heard of The Living End?

17 years ago
No.

17 years ago
There an awesome band from around where I live.. what a bummer. They're really big over here. Have you heard of Jet? They're from around here as well.

17 years ago
The Living end are cool. The drummer was my Drum teacher, when I was in year 7. I thought they were pretty big over seas. Jet are not too bad. What about Sileverchair, they are Aussies, and pretty big around the world.

17 years ago
Nah, AC/DC were the best, but they hated Australia, didn't they?

17 years ago
  I thought they liked Australia, but then I could be wrong.....

17 years ago
I didnt think they hated us. but then I could be wrong as well. what's to hate about Australia?

17 years ago
cool and no.

17 years ago
Well, they didn't hate Australia. They just didn't like Melbourne (where I used to live) that much. I don't know why, read it in a newspaper article. It was their lead singer by the way, not the band.

17 years ago
Oh ok. Probably, Most the aussies that make it big move away. We have a tendancy to hate people when they become famouse.

17 years ago
HAHAHAH NICE

17 years ago
We only hate them when they become famous we knew them beforehand as not being famous though. It is typically Aussie though.

17 years ago
Yea, mind you, we learn to accept them again. Well some do.

17 years ago
If they keep to themselves and don't become overrun by it and aren't snobbish, then we can accept them.

17 years ago
We have all these Aussies that we claim that are not Aussies at all. Like, John Farnham - Kyle minogue - Russle Crow the list goes on. all from other countrys that moved over here.

17 years ago
Hmm. Most American's still think we're Crocodile Dundee style. That's outback Australia.

17 years ago
And youd know that how?

17 years ago
The old American sterotyping.  Just like we think that Canadians will give up there position easily.  It's also like Britians with bad teeth.

I do not support of these sterotypes, I just say what they are.

17 years ago
JJJ -  I think you, think you, know to much!

17 years ago
Knows too much about what?

17 years ago
I think, he thinks he knows too much about everything... about me, about you, about the world. I'm not implying he is not smart, and may have a lot of knowledge... it just seems he thinks he knows everything. I dont mean to offend JJJ, just my thoughts.

17 years ago
Well, if you think that, it isn't exactly knowing, is it? It's thinking.

17 years ago
I never said I know it. I just find some of his coments to me, are as if he knows everything, including everything about my life. but anywho. Avatars. I need a new one... any Suggestions?

17 years ago
I didn't say you knew it either. I'm just saying he doesn't know it, he thinks it. For avatars, I don't know. Try something that isn't a dragon. Forget about Anubis bothering you to get a dragon picture.

17 years ago
yea.. I just dont know what I want still.

17 years ago
What about the picture you had before the dragon? Try that.

17 years ago
nah, been there done that. ill find something new.

17 years ago
Don't do the weird one that you used to have on messenger (before I stopped using it). That one was horrible.

17 years ago
what wired one? i dont remember... I think that is the same one I had before the dragon.

17 years ago
Weird, not wired. That one of that weird 3D person with the frown on their face.

17 years ago
lol. I liked that one. Lol. it was the one I had on here. before the dragon. but I'm over it now.

17 years ago
It was? I remembered you having a different one on here. I hated it.. I don't know why. I just hated it.

17 years ago
LOL. fair enough. what do you remember me having?

17 years ago
It was mainly just black and an eerie coloured blue.

17 years ago
Nope, not ringing andy bells, but ill see what on my computer, if I ahve anything that looks like you described.

17 years ago
It's not the one you have now, but keep it like that. It looks good.

17 years ago
Yea I found this on the computer and thought it looked ok. better than the sad boy, that you dont like lol.

17 years ago
Is that off that horrid Stargate thing your dad watches?

17 years ago
LOL, stargate isnt horrid... wel maybe it is in such big amounts. No its not.
Stargate is quite well done I think, not my show, but, the use of fact mixed with fiction, its quite remarakable.

17 years ago
It isn't anything like Star Trek is it?

17 years ago
Nothing like it. to give you a quick idea, it goes deep into Egyptian gods etc, in the show they found a "stargate" build by people from the acient egyptian civilisation, it is basically a werm hole to other planets. The egyptian gods like Ra, Anubis, etc are basically the enimy's the reasons, etc are quite in depth, it is set in, "today".

17 years ago
Oh, so it's not people in the seventies thinking the year 1995 will bring spaceships to us?