Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Please leave comments on peoples stories

17 years ago

Yes, I complain a lot. Yes I get offended easily. Ignore this post if you want to. Anyhow, someone gave Ulysses One, a 1, which means: Stay away, stay far, far away.

Now, I'm not going to badmouth someone simply because they hated, loathed and detested my story, but I'd at least like to know their actual opinions about it. Yes, this is a complaining rant, but I'd just like to say, if you hate something, at least leave a comment about the story to say why you think it's so bad. Or PM an author to tell them why you hate their story, if you don't want people seeing your comments. I just find it confusing that a featured game could be considered by someone to be 'as bad as it gets'. In the Help & Info section of this website, there are two articles about rating people's stories. Following those guidelines, even the stories I've played that I didn't like still qualified for 3's.

Anyway, that's my rant for today. I know a single 1 doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but hey. This complaint was brought to you by Pepsi Max - Maximum Taste, No Sugar.

17 years ago
It's bloody annoying as hell, isn't it? I'm a bit paranoid, but sometimes I suspect people with ulterior motives log off, play a story and rate it a 1 or something low just to mess up the overall rating. And every time this happens to my stories, there's no comment. I'm not complaining either, but the one person who rated Mommy a "6", which incidentally messed up its overall rating, didn't leave a comment.

17 years ago
Oh, and lookee there, someone left me a nice 5 and didn't leave a comment. Give me a frigging break. A 5. This is why you can't pay any attention whatsoever to ratings and just know your work is good. That's what I tell myself.

17 years ago
I know how you guys feel, its so annoying!  We need to have a new/different type of rating system...

17 years ago
Very annoying. I leave comments on every storygame I rate, even if it is for the same reason as everybody else. I know a few others who do as well, so I'm not the only one. Even though I don't have a published storygame, I feel your pain.

And Paul, the ad should have been "Coca Cola Zero, Zero Sugar, Zero Taste"... man, I hate that stuff..

17 years ago
Hey! I like Coke zero. To me, it tastes almost exactly like coke but without all that bad, bad sugar. Diet coke is too sweet, coke is a bit salty and filled with what is it, 40g of sugar?

17 years ago
Don't know about Coke zero, but I tried a blak...now that's a disgusting drink. It's coffee blended with coke cola if you don't know and it's gross.

17 years ago
Maybe... to me it's just another way for Coca Cola to make money..

17 years ago

of course it is. think about that episode of futurama with Slurm. its all about making money.

nate

17 years ago

Coke Zero tastes like it has chalk in it to me.  Also, I've tried CokeBlack, and it tastes like Coke mixed with coffee. . .that's not really a good thing.

(oompa-loompa-doompa dimgredient. . .)

17 years ago
Hmm, maybe smoking has killed my taste buds completely, but I can't taste any chalk. Coke cherry zero is good as hell, too. Mmm...chalky.

17 years ago

I haven't tried cherry zero yet.  Maybe that will be better.  At first I thought coke zero was okay, but then it had an aftertaste like calcium carbonate antacids. . .

I also dislike the fruity kind of antacids.  Mint works with chalky to me, but not sweet.

Does Pepsi have a zero flavor?

(And remember, leave comments on peoples stories please.)

17 years ago
Coke Cherry and Zero are grosssss

17 years ago
You love 'em!

17 years ago
I'd have to be more derranged then well... you... ::D ::D

17 years ago
rofl

17 years ago
Oh man you know whats even gross-er? Pepsi cherry... YUCK GROSS EWWW

17 years ago
What's wrong with cherry pepsi? What i don't is that mountain dew live wire.

17 years ago
THAT STUFF ROCKS. MOUNTAIN DEW FOR PRESIDENT

17 years ago

Just live wire sucks. And mountain dew would probably be better as president than bush. Lol!  

17 years ago

Hahah my point exactly.

Except Limewire the downloading tool rocks.

17 years ago

Bah! Pepsi max and coke zero are THE WORST FRIGGING DRINKS IMAGINABLE! also, I too am paranoid that there are people waiting to see my games and give them a 1. Look at WWII GS! 6 people rated it a 1, and did not leave a comment. I agree with tsmpaul this is a serious problem. Some people (clamface and quadcam) go around rating games a 1 for the hell of it. he hasnt been on the site for a while though the ratings remain.

Of course, they could have rated it low for the bugs, which I fixed up last year. Unfortunately the rating remains. I wish someone would agree to my arguement for Versions.... see FWW.

16 years ago
Are you bad mouthing me?!?!? YOU"RE THE ONE WHO MADE 5, not 1, 5 ZOIDBERG GAMES!!! And you're complaining about other people????? Turn and look in the mirror sonny boy!

Oh and coke zero is acceptable, but definately not on my to buy list ;) Pepsi max is great for people with no taste but are so fat they cant get up and get a drink without the need for a series of roof winches and tilt beds.

16 years ago
LOL...roof winches and tilt beds....heheheheeheh

16 years ago

Well guys, hate to disappoint you, but I only really drink two beverages: Swiss Jara (a choc-coffee drink), and Pepsi Max. Coke tastes a bit watery or something to me, but for me, I think Pepsi Max has a lot more flavouring to it. However, I will admit that I have travelled a lot, and in different countries, their coke and pepsi has a slightly different taste about it. Some taste watery, some taste syrupy.

Something about the water in different countries too, I think. I think recipes are also slightly different in different countries where they are made as well. I know that milk tastes different in America to here in Australia. Also, many american foods have corn 'something' (can't remember what it's called) added to them, which we don't do over here. However, I love American root beer! My brother often buys it from a place here that sells American food and drink. (I love Hershey's peanut butter cups as well)

16 years ago

Which brand of american root beer?

I'm a coffee drinker, myself. . .

16 years ago
They sometimes sell A&W Root beer over here.

16 years ago
I used to love that stuff, in a big frosty mug. When I travel the biggest thing I notice soda-wise is that the flavors are all peculiar - they  have mango, pina colada, coffee-flavored, etc. Apparently American's tastes run to cola, lemon/lime, root beer, sometimes grape or orange, and ginger ale and that's about it.

16 years ago

I just read that "lemonade" is carbonated in the UK and elsewhere.   If that's lemonade, then what's the other kind of lemonade called?

Also, does ginger ale actually taste like ginger anywhere? 

You forgot redpop, madglee.  It's popular, too.  (And rock & rye, but only around here, I guess.)

Oh, oh, and whatever flavor Mountain Dew is supposed to be (don't give me that "lemon-lime" crap- Sprite is lemon/lime. . .oh, I'm sorry, "Lymon")

16 years ago
Are you saying lemonade isn't fizzy where you come from? I guess we'd call it "flat lemonade".

16 years ago

No, no, it's not really flat either- it wasn't carbonated to begin with.  It's more like lemon juice, but with a lot of sugar.  There's a drink called an Arnold Palmer that is half iced tea and half lemonade.  (The flat kind)

What about pink lemonade?

Also, they sell powdered lemonade that you mix with water. 

Oh, btw, "please leave comments on people's stories."  Relevant comments.