Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

the writers guild is on strike, so here's some fun.   Participants write down an idea for a movie - just a brief synopsis - and then we'll vote on the best ideas. 

Maybe we can even get a story built out of one or two.  I'll keep working on my idea, and post it later today.

march

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

GI JOE: Reinstated

Duke (Matt Damon), and his crew, fight the forces of venomous evil. Cobra Commander (Andy Serkis), Destro (Dolph Lundgren), Baroness (Eva Longoria), and Doctor MindBender (Michael Rosenbaum) try their hand at taking over the world. Commander runs into trouble however when Baroness and Destro try to take control over the ever failing cobra commander. On the homefront, Hawk (Viggo Mortenson) faces life threatening situations of his own when he is shot by the ever elusive Firefly (Uknown) and Hawk's fate is left unknown at the end of the movie. Road Block (Michael Clark Duncan) and Snake Eyes (Jason Statham) infiltrate the cobra base while Lady Jaye (Jessica Alba) and Flint (Mark Wahlberg) kick the doors down and create havoc. This of course MUST lead to the consistantly asked for finale of Snake Eyes (Jason Statham) and Storm Shadow (Ray Park).

just some thoughts lol man i wish theyd make a Joe movie already.

nate

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

hmmm, no one else?

nate

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago
I want GI Joe to win, I want to see that movie.

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

Star Wars Episode 7: Truce at Bakura (based on the novel)

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

You need to provide a little bit more than that Rommel...

march

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

hmmm, great synopsis there rommy lol i tried to be a bit creative in making my own plot to some degree. ive no idea what goes on in Ep 7 of Star Wars. give a little detail. what happens?

nate

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

It takes place in a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Rommel, is that the series where Luke turns to the dark side?

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

No, the comic series where Luke turns to the dark side is called Dark Empire which is also followed by Dark Empire 2 and Empire’s End.

Truce at Bakura was one of the novels, I never read it, but it occurs before Dark Empire in the timeline.

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

Sweet! Ray Park is cast as Storm Shadow!!! i was closer than i thought! I cant wait, but ill have to wait to see the live action GI Joe movie, set for late'09!!!

nate

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

That's amazing! 

Which Cobra Commander- hood or helmet?

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

i dont think they have decided yet. though i wouldnt mind both at some point. my favorite style was the hood though.

nate

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago
After Dan, Miles, Benny and Fartman sneak into an R-rated movie, the rest of their third grade class is quick to follow. The kids' parents are outraged by the effect the movie has on their innocent young minds, they demand to be heard from their small Colorado mountain town. Anger leads to censorship, censorship to war, and before they know it the boys are risking their lives in the name of freedom. When the dust finally settles, the Baldwin brothers have finally been killed in the crossfire and everyone has learned two very important lessons; communication between parents and children is vital, and the world is a better place without the Baldwins.
I call it Pouth Sark: Grander, Lengthier and Non-Cut

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

Oh yeah, here's an actual idea for a film:

Setting: victorian era

Plot:  A famous stage magician's beloved wife dies in an accident.  A few weeks later, he thinks he sees her alive.  Could she have faked her own death?  Why?  While searching for answers, he finds out she kept secrets from him.  Was his whole life built on an illusion?

Intro shot:  The magician, building an intricate house of cards as the opening credits roll.  Someone opens the door, bringing the news of his wife's death, and the house of cards collapses.

Writers guild on Strike!

16 years ago

thats pretty sweet seth. great story hook. im for it. write it as a CYOA. :)

nate