Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Rules

15 years ago

These are the forum rules.  March has spoken.  Thanks to those of you who assisted in helping me to complete this very extensive and perfect list.

CYS Forum Rules.  (isn't this already in an article somewhere?)

1) Post in the appropriate forum. Newbie Central is for new people with questions about using CYS. The Lounge is off topic. The Parlor Room is for story discussion. The Writing Workshop is for feedback, suggestions, etc. on your story. The Reading Corner is for discussing all forms of literature. The Advanced Editor Forum is for discussing or asking questions about the advanced editor. The Feature Wishing Well is for submitting new ideas for the site. Bugs & Problems is for any bugs or errors you may come upon.

2) Keep on topic. This means that if the discussion is about birds, you don't start talking about gorillas. Unless, of course, you are talking about gorillas in relation to birds.

3) Vulgar language (e.g., shit, piss, cunt, fuck, motherfucker, cocksucker, and tits) is allowed, but should be used sparingly.

4) Racism or inciting racism or hatred of race, ethnicity, sex, or gender is not allowed. This includes racist jokes. Posts breaking this rule will be deleted by a moderator.

5) "Flaming," or personally attacking others on the forums is not allowed. This includes belittling and dismissive comments, such as "Whatever, JohnDoe, you're a moron and I think we all know that." When in doubt of what is "flaming," don't post.

6) Use complete sentences and do not spam punctuation or smilies when you post. This is a writing site. An example of poor posting is: "W00t!!!!!!!!! dood that story r00ls!!!!! :P be nice im first time story is the BEST!!!!"

7) Moderators will moderate based on these rules, not their own personal preferences. Following this rule will help alleviate disagreements, as the rules are clear and simple. Any disagreement between moderators will take place in private messages and not on public forums.

8) This site is meant for all ages, but users should act maturely. Above all, use your common sense and have fun!

march

Rules

15 years ago

9) Moderators must be addressed as "The almighty...", "Honourable ruler...", "Great, glorious leader...". Failure to comply to this very important rule is treason.

Im only joking.

Rules

15 years ago
But JohnDoe is a moron and everyone DOES know it.

Rules

15 years ago
In regards to #5, what is "flaming?"  I mean, I remember you saying that it's alright if it's done jokingly.  A mod might delete something that the "flame-e" has no problem with. 

Rules

15 years ago
basically insulting someone

Rules

15 years ago

3j, i found this on your profile.

Antonyms: Fleshy (I was really hardpressed to think of someone worse than Bob)
Turn off your crapping furnace please. No offense, but it's true.

BTW, is crap a bad word here? People get insulted when I say that.

Rules

15 years ago

also, staying on topic (Okay not really) who is john doe?

Rules

15 years ago

lol I'm so offended, you better apologize.

Rules

15 years ago

I'm sowwy.

Rules

15 years ago
AHAHAH!!

Rules

15 years ago
1. JJJ is apparently not stressing over keeping his profile updated. But yeah, you should probably change it, JJJ. Maybe.

2. 'Crap' is not a vulgar word. Well, maybe to kindergarteners. It's a Tier 2 Euphemism. Words like 'Darn', 'Drat', 'Heck', and 'Poop' are Tier 1 Euphemisms. 'Dang', 'Crap', and among British people more-so than Americans, 'Arse' are Tier 2 Euphemisms. 'Damn', 'Hell', and 'Ass' are Tier 1 Vulgarities. 'Shit', 'Bitch', and I suppose 'Bastard' are all Tier 2 Vulgarities. 'Cunt', 'Fuck', 'Motherfucker'...basically anything sexual is a Tier 3 Vulgarity. These are just a few examples. This is my personal rating system by the way.

3. JohnDoe doesn't exist. Anymore.

Rules

15 years ago
Again, I'm offended and because of forum rules: You must apologise to me.

Rules

15 years ago
oh and what should I change on my profile?

Rules

15 years ago

If you read the top it said CYS FORUM rules. So really JJJ doesn't have to change it unless the almighty honorable March tells him so. But hey, peace and love, right?

Self, this just isn't the 60's. *SIGH*

DS

Rules

15 years ago
I changed my profile, although: Not for all of you.  I like it alot better now.

Rules

15 years ago
Yeah it looks pretty fucking gangsta!

Rules

15 years ago
'ey thanks.