Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 7/24/2005: Definitely needed.
This feature was completed 7/27/2005: Done!

Get rid of an item on a certain page?

19 years ago
It would be really nice to make a game where an item could be taken from you no matter how many times it's used. Do you understand?

re:Get rid of an item on a certain page?

19 years ago
no not really...
march

19 years ago
Pretend you have an apple. Some guy wants an apple and takes it from your inventory. But it could have unlimited uses. But unfortanatly it won't dissapearfrom the invitory. Could you fix this? Do you understand?

19 years ago
I updated my how old are you quiz. It now has results.

19 years ago
Hey havacoman, we actually tried working with that idea, when we were thinking about keys. It turns out that it would be kind of difficult to program, what can be done is using the point system. Certain pages will have a negative score attached to it. Once you have this negative score you would no be allowed to access other pages that require a certain score. I know it's not what your asking for, but that is the closest thing we have to it. (games that use this will sometimes show the link or option but you will not be allowed to click on it like "OPEN DOOR" (but you cant because of your negative score.) I too like the idea of somebody stealing your object, but Alex figured for the limited time he has that he'd just put a use of 1 on the object and if you want to get further you would just have to use your object. The story writer would have to write it into the story- I still realize that you want an unlimited object to be gone. I'll run it by ALex and see how hard it would be, can I ask how your going to work the object into your story or was that it with the apple you gave in the example? (you can use the point system to have object in the story . LIke on a page you say the in the story you found a key on that page unbeknownst to the reader you give that page a 50 plus point value - this can only be done in the advanced story editor) hence you can keep using it to open doors that have a 50 point requirement on whatevr page they are on and you can use it as much as possible, but then you can have a thief in your story who when is met on a certain page has a negative 50 score assigned to it) I could try and explain it again if you'd like hopefully you can understand what I'm saying.

19 years ago
I've known all that scince I got here. I don't like the "simple" games.