Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Death Note

14 years ago

im sure many have actually seen the show on Adult Swim. but has anyone actually seen the live action movie version of it made back in about 2005ish? fairly weak acting, but not bad really. the concept is a fresh idea and kept my interest.

nate

Death Note

14 years ago

finished the first one today and RHCP's had the ending credits song lol. also, there are also 2 more movies in the series. ive netflixed them and will get them this week.

nate

Death Note

14 years ago
Death Note... Has a live action... Movie? O_O *Goes onto Google and searches.* If this is true, I HAVE to watch it. I loved the anime. And how badly could they screw it up?

Death Note

14 years ago

Don't watch it.  That's all I have to say about the movie.

I read the manga back in the day... Many, I can't believe it's already been 4 years.

Death Note

14 years ago

Yeah, the movie was a big hit in Nippon, but so is everything over yonder. I haven't finished reading Death Note, nor have I bothered to watch the anime. It's not like I lost interest, I just lost interest. Besides, "Sayonara, Zetsubo-sensei!" has been occupying my time, and that shit is hilarious. Like, seriously fucking weird-ass hilarious.

Death Note

14 years ago

the movie was very thought provoking actually. i was impressed with the actor that played "L". very unorthodox style but very intriguing as well. the english dubbing was slightly distracting, but the depth of plot was great.

nate

Death Note

14 years ago

I love the anime......but the movie didn't really please me

Death Note

14 years ago

Meh, I can't stand Anime in English. I always watch in Nihongo. Except for Full Metal Alchemist; that's the ONLY Anime where I actually prefer it in English. The English voice actors do a phenomenal job, and it just fits the setting more as a bonus.

Death Note

14 years ago

I just finished watching Death Note 2: Last Name. it wasnt as compelling or inovative as the first one. which sort of was expected. however, the ideas presented were yet again difficult to find a right and wrong. not as good as 1, but still a strong movie.

nate

Death Note

14 years ago

wow, the 3rd movie in this series...sucked. lol it isnt a Death Note movie at all. just a spin off movie for "L" to make more money i guess. horrible at best.

nate