Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

More from JJJ--thebanisher AKA JJJ's 'stalker'

14 years ago
Recently, I've decided to message the fake JJJ just to have a little fun with him & stuff.

He messages me back with bad comebacks & other idiotic stuff such as telling me he's fat, lazy & gay. I called him a stalker, he does the same to me.

Now he tells me, "shhhhhh, No one should know that I make fake accounts just to fool people into thinking I'm one of the most respected members, mods or admin such as JJJ".

And to you, Fake JJJ thank you for exposing yourself like that. You earn the official CYS dumbass of the year seal of dumbass-ness.

14 years ago
It's funny how you're literally the ONLY person on the site remotely close to as ignorant as him. It's likely that you're the same person.

14 years ago
I'm not. If I was, I wouldn't be having a lil fun with him.

Therefore your accusations are as fake as MJ's death.

14 years ago

lol You're one of them conspiracy fayg-its. MJ died, man. Shut up. It's not so much offensive as it is stupid.

Anyway, nobody cares about Double Dick in his Mouth, so sorry you were too late to the party, Mega.

14 years ago

Yeah, just stop bringing him up.  You haven't posted as that pisashit in a while anyways.  It's just you fukin' making yourself look like a skinny dick.  Not even a fat dick, man.

14 years ago

Yeah, quiet down. No one cares. On another note, check out this movie about this upcoming RPG...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/video/6232581/dragon-age-origins-sacred-ashes-trailer?hd=1

14 years ago
That looks AMAZING! EA AND BIOWARE!!!

Dragon Age

14 years ago
Ah yes Dragon Age. I have that one pre-ordered.

One of the major things they're pushing in this, is that the beginning of the game is completely different depending on what race and class you choose to play.

I'm going to play a Dwarf Rogue Commoner for my first character, then probably a Human Mage.

Dragon Age

14 years ago

I'm kind of split on this one. Usually the turn based rule of stats can get on my nerves with RPGs, but then they have the capacity to tell a gripping interactive story.

So with Bioware I liked KOTOR (who doesn't?), but I couldnt get into neverwinter nights or Planescape Torment. Or mass effect.

For me it boils down to: Is the combat fun (action or strategy are both fine) or will it turn into an endless exercise in Min-Maxing...

Dragon Age (it's always been about Dragon Age)

14 years ago

Yeah, Dragon Age looks rather sexy, particularly because of the electric elemental guitar. I'm not much of a D&D RPG guy - I prefer GOOD J-RPG's and Fallout lol - so I'm not hyped up for DA. I'm just barely surviving the explosive hype of MW2, L-42, and AC2, and dungeon crawling isn't exactly my thing.

14 years ago
I probably consider Planescape Torment one of the best RPGs of all time, but I can see why some wouldn't really be into it.

I never bothered with KOTR, just not interested in the whole Star War background.

Neverwinter Nights was rather dull, but the 2 expansions were significantly better. (Never played the sequel)

I liked Mass Effect a lot, though I think they screwed up with the exploration stuff. I would've preferred more detailed planets. As it was a lot of it was just boring driving around on several cookie cutter planets, and if there were buildings, they ended up "cutting and pasting" the same interior layout of the buildings on the various planets. Still, I've got Mass Effect 2 on pre-order as well.

Dragon Age looks like an updated version of the old Baldur's Gate series, so I actually don't mind the turn based combat set up.

14 years ago

how did this thread merge with the stupid megamantn one?

14 years ago
Who cares.

So I should look into Planescape, End? Also, what kinda specs will DA require?

14 years ago
Planescape Torment's about 10 years old now, so you'd probably have to find somewhere to get it online, but if you like story driven games I'd say its worth giving a shot.

The combat aspect of the game is sort of meh, but I found everything else (storyline, setting, the characters, dialogue) so good that, its the reason why I tend to think it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

If you're more into dungeon crawling or a lot of fighting action though, you won't like it as much.

As far as the Dragon Age specs, you can either play it on a 360, or have a computer that has this:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent

RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)

Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater

NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater

DVD ROM (Physical copy)

20 GB HD space

14 years ago
TWENTY GIGS! Games have fucking progressed. I've got everything but the RAM. 4 Gigs? Holy shit.

Which other RPG's would you suggest? I'm looking for something a little more modern than 1999.

14 years ago
Well there's Arcanum, but its 2001 so it's probably not what you're looking for. (I won't bother going into the pros and cons of it unless you're interested)

There's the Geneforge series, which LOOKS like it was created in 1992, but it was actually created in 2002 by a one man independent company (Spiderweb Software) There's 5 games to the series, the last one came out earlier this year.

If you're not turned off by the graphics, there's a good story-line, lots of exploration and lots of fighting to be had in them. There's also some choice making since all of the games have factions to join/betray/fight. You'll get several different endings depending on what you did and who you helped or killed.

Spiderweb also does another RPG series called Avernum, which is just as detailed, but more "traditional" than Geneforge. The upside to any spiderweb game is you can order any of them straight from the company and you're bound to have more than sufficient computer requirements to run them.

Elder Scrolls Morrowind Game of the Year Edition came out in 2003 but I still see it sold in stores. It gives you the two expansion packs with it and should keep you busy for a LONG time if you're into the Elder Scroll games. I though it was more detailed than Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Gothic 2 is alright, the combat takes some time getting used to. I'd recommend trying to find the "Gothic 2 Gold" package (Which came out in 2005) if you get it though. You'll get the expansion that makes the game a little bigger and more challenging, along with some new skills, items and quests.

Jade Empire (2005) is another Bioware game. I actually downloaded this one for my 360 since it was available as an "Xbox Classic". I ended up liking it a lot. I sort of wish they would've done a sequel to this one. The PC version I think has a few extra enemies, character and available weapons.

Since I don't really have a proper gaming computer anymore, I don't really play too many PC games anymore so the rest are just based on what I've heard:

Neverwinter Night 2 is supposed to be as dull as the first one and only one of the expansions is any good this time.
Gothic 3 apparently suffered a lot of bugs.
Two Worlds I heard was an "Oblivion clone" and not a very good one.
The Witcher was supposed to be pretty good.

14 years ago
Thanks, I might check out Geneforce. I've played Morrowind and Oblivion, good games but they felt too plastic for me. Guards "knowing" you killed someone, 100,000,000 of the same houses and caves, poor combat, etc.

I'll also check out Gothic 2 and Jade Empire.