Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Philip K. Dick

13 years ago

Any fans of PKD's here at this place? Besides me of course, because I'm one.

Philip K. Dick

13 years ago

oh, did he write Moby Dick? lol, no. I'm kidding. No, I've heard of him, but i haven't read his books. personally, i'm a fan of Suzanne Collins. Heard of her?

Philip K. Dick

13 years ago
You've never heard of Philip K. Dick?

Philip K. Dick

13 years ago

well, i've heard of him, just haven't read his books

Philip K. Dick

11 years ago

Come on, I'm sure there must at least be one or two dickheads here. Show yourselfes.

Philip K. Dick

11 years ago

No clue who he is. Also, you were here a year ago?

Philip K. Dick

11 years ago

Heh yeah I've read Phillip K. Dick books, I'm a pretty big fan of his, from "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" to "the Man in The High Castle"  He is a very goo author if you enjoy having stories in which you have to re-read multiple times in order to understand.

Philip K. Dick

11 years ago

Ooh, I LOVE his books!

Philip K. Dick

11 years ago

Great! I've now read about 15 of his novels and two or three short story anthologies. At the moment I'm trying to get into his very late work, though I'm not sure whether I'm really ready for it. I think I like the entertaining novels that only hint at PKD's experiences more than the very heavy, openly autobiographic material.

My favourites are at the same time the ones I would first recommend to a new reader: Eye in the Sky, The World Jones Made, Flow my Tears the Policeman said (all early works).