Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Finals Week! Game Question

13 years ago

I can't figure out how to get an A in Russian history. Somebody please help me!

13 years ago

well . . . study, look up online, and have friends quiz you. i'm not sure what kind of help you mean . . .

13 years ago
He's talking about the story, Finals Week.

13 years ago

oh, duh. memory lapse. i can't help you there.

13 years ago

Btw, I'm a girl.

13 years ago
Sorry! Thanks for the heads up.

9 years ago

So no one ever did really answer her question, and I can't seem to find the answer either.

How do I get an A in Russian history? It hints a little bit about using Time travel, but I always end up screwing myself over and sending myself into an alternate dimension.

>.>

9 years ago

You do realize this is a 3-year old thread right?

>.>

9 years ago

I do, but its never been answered in... 3 years, and I didn't feel like bringing up a new thread into the clutter. 

9 years ago

Do you have the gingko?

9 years ago

Yes, I've obtained the bottle of Ginko, but my character just loves to down the entire bottle down and die.

9 years ago

Never really had a problem with Ginko, or Russian History, for that matter, but damn, German is a problem for me. At least when getting an A. Can't figure out how to fail Sociology either.

9 years ago

A hint For failing sociology:

You need the time travel knowledge.

9 years ago

A hint for getting an A in German: you need the sleeping pills.

9 years ago

How do you get Time Traveling knowledge AND sleeping pills?

9 years ago

You can get sleeping pills on Tuesday. When you try to get some sleep, the phone should ring. Pick it up, talk to Alex P, he'll tell you to go grab some sleeping pills at the store.

For time travel knowledge, you can get them in 2 ways.

> If you're going for an A, try to study for the mathematics test, and study the stuff at the end of the book as well. Your character will learn Time Travel by studying the stuff not on the test.

> If you're aiming for an F, Study for the mathematics test, but choose the option that "you're too tired to continue" When you get to the actual scene where you're taking the test, choose "give up..." and your character will not only keep his sanity, but grasp the concept of Time Travel as he flees from the math room in terror. 

9 years ago

To get the A in Russian: you need to be on the page where bamboo is closed and the only option is to go to the Union for spaghetti.

Instead of doing that, use the ginkgo.

9 years ago

Thanks, I finally passed that. 

Now I just need to know how to fail Mathematics. There are so few choices and if you don't study, your soul is sent to hell and you go insane.

9 years ago

Okay, first you need to look at the end of the book.

Then, when you get the option to study the stuff that's not on the test or "but I'm tired. . ." pick being tired.  You should get a screen that gives you a choice between "study really hard" and "just give up, of course you can't pass"

Choosing to give up will get you the F, plus the "knowledge that time travel exists"

9 years ago

Thanks for the help! Finally completed it with all F's, though I'm not really sure if that'd be a win in my book or not. ^^