Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
And now I give you my top 10 favorite CYS negative comments! (So far!)

10. Ground Zero: That was to linear. I just clicked and owon the game. It was funny but I was too lazy to read anything-- person

9. Ground Zero: Too wordy, too expository. I don't want to wade through so many speeches just to get rocks-fall-everyone-dies'd by mutant wolves.-- warnthepenguins

8. Necromancer: I really think you should have added some good endings! I HATED it when I found out I was just a slave of hell! I almost cried! Seriously though, make a good ending! -- Jen

7. Tales From the Basement: Don't use the name of the lord Jesus your God in vein -- commentator

6. Tales From the Basement: I don’t even want to know your browdser history.-- nimblebobo

5. Love SICK: WTF I'm a Mormon retard. Usualy I like your stories but this one is all crazy and screwed up. I'm a little worried about your mental health... --Notorious streaker

4. AVSCYS: holy shit dude..you have MAJOR anger issues...and no fucking idea how anything works beyond what fox news told you. -- kilbert66

3. AVSCYS: i think tis was sooo disgusting i mean honestly fucking my dad??? I dont even want 2 think about that or fucking another girl! sick! im sorry but u could make this better if u didnt use unnesscary shit.-- Salidia

2. Necromancer: This was really poor quality story-writing. . . the mechanics were fine, but fucking-a, the fact that his dead ex girlfriend is staring him in the face doesn't at least suprise him at all?

Just. . . fuck this story.- -Guy

(This actually would’ve been #1 had it only been “Just fuck this story”, but the first part proved he failed at reading comprehension, as the protagonist IS surprised when he first sees his dead ex)

1. AVSCYS: This is the biggest waste of time for anyone to play. The difficulty is 8 because the idiotic author made it so you couldn't win. Maturity level should be a 9 because the author needs some counselling, this is just a constant spam of swears, racial hatred, stereotyping and pointless crap. Play length should be a one, as there is always only 3 options if you are male (haven't checked female, because so disgusted at this I just stopped). The Player rating should be a 0 simply because of the waste of time it is. In fact, writing this took up more time than playing through the game. --Steve

Well as I always said, if I don’t offend somebody, I’m not trying hard enough!

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Actually legit so funny. I would probably rank #5 as #1 just because of how many levels of hilarious it is. He calls himself a mormon retard, is mormon, just had to read about mormons being killed and also chose the pen name: Notorious Streaker. So good. So so so so so good. hahaha

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Yeah actually I should've ranked that one higher. Oh well next time I get a new batch of negative comments, I'll probably rearrange them.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
I think its so funny that you get by far the craziest positive and negative comments. You inspire the split vote haha.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

his subject matter is very sysetive, AVSCYS is a little over the line, infact very far over the line, but he put up a warning and retards tend to ignore those. i love how one guy compares two great things and tries to make it a dis. fox news and endmasters writing totally different things that are both good. its quite funny.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
I really don't like fox news haha

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
I don't even watch Fox news, though I know of its reputation. Basically conservatives like it, liberals don't like it, and Glenn Beck used to troll everybody on it (Doubt if he even believes half of what he says).

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

i like glen beck, but he is a troll, what he says is all based on history. it realy comes down to what you said perfectly. liberals hate it, conservatives like it.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Those comments are hilarious! But, yeah. 5 should be at least 3, if not higher.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

That was just funny as hell. Before I was not sure if I was going to check out your other stories but now....HELL YES!!! It is nice to see somebody else who has a gift that pisses idots off. Not that it is uncommen.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Regarding the "#1 Comment", I'm not even sure what he's talking about as far as play length is concerned. The male path is potentially far longer than what's he suggesting (longer than the female one anyway), though I'm guessing he quit out of disgust despite ignoring the big ass warning on the description page, but I'm used to people doing that by now. (That's probably why I initially ranked the mormon guy's comment a little lower since he at least later on realized that he should've paid more attention to the warnings.)

Besides I don't have any control over the play length anyway, the site calculates that. If it says it's 6 then it's a 6.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Maybe it's because I'm a devout Christian, but I honestly don't see what's so funny about #7 at all besides him mistakingly using vein instead of "vain". 

Otherwise, this list is hilarious.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
The misspelling is funny (Jesus in your blood) but the other thing is considering all the other offensive stuff going on in that story, I just found it funny he focused only on that, which I would consider pretty tame.

But then I do know some Christians that swear like sailors, but they get sort of nervous about a phrase like "Jesus F'n Christ!" or something similar.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Actually, in the story " damascus" by Daryl Gregory, Jesus is in peoples' blood, and not in a good way, either.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

I guess it is sort of funny when you look at it that way, haha.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Well, refering to your glenn beck comment, I consider myself a conservative, even though most of my ideas are mixed more of them lean towards conservative than liberal so if i have to I will call myself conservative, I extremely dislike Glenn Beck, and all of Fox in general. Waaaaaay too opinion based. It does eventually get to the point where its jsut mudslinging, and I don't like all the conspiracy theories on the Glenn Beck show. That's jusy my opinion.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

i know for a fact that you havnt watched glen beck to know rather or not it has conspiracy theories. you assume that, and your wrong in doing so, second all major news networks are oppinion based on what they choose to cover. watch both, consider them wisely.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
7 is ridiculous for two reasons:

A) The grammar is so bad, he's calling Jesus a "God in vein". What is a God in vein? lol. The god of your blood and cholesterol! Better not use his name incorrectly, you'll have a heart attack!

B) Using "your" is offensive. He's not a Muslim's God or an Atheist's God or Buddhist's God, he's a Christian God! Whether or not you believe he's real and absolute and unique and the only God is your own business but it's annoying as hell when someone tells me that he's "my" God. I'm agnostic, I don't know what the hell is going on, but I certainly would not call Jesus my God.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Yeah, I guess you're right.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Why are we arguing over this? It's funny! Just enjoy it! (Though, I don't like he used it like that becasue I'm a Catholic)

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Re-reading my post, it's harsher than I wanted it to be. I just meant that regardless of belief, putting it on someone else is offensive.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

from an unbiased perspective, someone who beleives that way will see Jesus as everyones God even if they deny him. second i find it very funny that he being a christian would read such a thing even with all the warnings about the horrible things within it. kind of hypocritacal.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
He probably needs someone to hate.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

with that, i can actually agree. :)

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

well, everyone needs a scapegoat!

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Pretty sure #7 was trolling anyway.

JJJ's seen this one, but the rest of you probably haven't. As far as I'm concerned this poster remains at the top of the list for best negative comments I've ever gotten.

Death Song: OMG dude!!!! How could you not make a good ending, not a single one?! Do you know how depressed I feel right now? You are sick!!! YOU are the lich king. I'we read through every bad ending on purpose hoping and wishing that I'd end up with the good one, where the world gets saved and he gets together with the female general or something.

OMG OMG OMFG!!!

What have you done? You are evil!!! AAAARGGHH!!! I feel like crying right now. This is horrible.

To be honest, I have always felt that it's kitchy to make good endings in stories but now I realized that it isn't. Hoping for the good is my nature, humans' nature, SENTIENT BEINGS' NATURE!!! What the fuck has happened to your nature?!?!?!

How would a book like LOTR or Narnia or whatever feel if it had a horrible ending? It would feel horrible. Well, that's how your story feels, horrible. I feel empty and disillusioned and like I've totally wasted my time, I've been tricked and used. I suffered through all that gory, violent, cruel, sad shit that happened to the character (me in a way) and I got nothing for it. Makes me wanna kill myself right now.

Fuck you man!-- drevenhaug

AVSIS
WTF, I thought I was a negative, pessimistic person, but you seem to be it because you like it!!! How could you write something liek this?! WTF is wrong with you?! What is wrong with the world?! This is just sick and wrong and evil. I'm not some puritane christian twat, I don't dissaprove of the individual events and endings you write about, what I despise is that you're just being destructive, you're not presenting any good sides, you seem to just be making fun of people that get problems and have unhappy lifes. That makes you the saddes kind of person. Are you a fucking psycopath? Don't words like empathy and compassion ring a bell?

Ok, I might be ufair and overreacting, I only quickly run through the female storyline and I just finished your Death Song story and wrote a comment about that. But I must say, BAD impression. I have been feeling bad all day and I decided to read your stories hoping I'd feel better but I ended up feeling worse.

And even with Death Song it's not like I didn't enjoy the story, I did, that's why I read the whole of it and rated it 9 when I was in the middle of it. But you've fucked up, you've given your readers a total anticlimax. Your'e a sadist with your audience.

Fuck you again you stupid jerk!!!-- drevenhaug

Man, good thing he didn't read Love SICK, or else he might've really gone off on me! Lol.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
AVSIS is AVSCYS here, just renamed it different at Infinite Story.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
lolllllll. I love that guy though, he's just so impressionable, it's hilarious.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

ha, i hope he reads your other stories!

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

im glad endmaster takes crap so well, he gets lots of it.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

He's probably used to it. Intelligent, extra-thinking people often do. Notice I didn't use the shithole ubiquitous "out of the box." Oops, just did.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Not to mention, anyone who writes such controversial (or just obscene) material will draw the ire of the unprepared. What's funny is that the unprepared aren't prepared by the warnings that are ALWAYS present in clear, simple text.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Yeah, I mean if you read the warnings and still compline aginst something in the warnings than there are 3 possiblities. 1 Your just a dumbass. 2 Your just trolling. 3 You did not read the warnigs or thought it would not be as bad. I thought Death song had a poetic well thought out ending even though it was still depressive. Also I read those stories and I like the challage of finding a decent ending but seriously can we agree some of the things End master writes is tiwisted. I am good with it and I even like to laugh at it but it is in every sense of the word twisted.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Also I wanted to ask EndMaster a question, Did you get some of the pictures for Necromancer from the Geneforge game seriers?

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

rofl. That was awesome EndMaster. I hope I get comments like that.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago
Yep got a lot of the pics from the Geneforge series. Used a few other pics from various other video games, pen and paper RPGs, etc. as well.

My stories suck Lol!

12 years ago

Awsome I thought I was one of the few people in this world to have enven heard of it. It gets exhasting get asked "Whats that?" every time I say its name. Did you play or just saw some pics and thought they were cool?

Geneforge

12 years ago
I've got all 5 games of the Geneforge series. I liked the 2nd one the most. The 3rd one was the weakest in the series.

It's probably one of my favorite CRPGs next to the Fallout series.

Geneforge

12 years ago

I agree with you. It was one of the frist CRPGs I played. I liked how the tied the Trid one to the Fourth one through. It is a great game too bad it is so unknow.