Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Images

12 years ago

As I have started reading some of the stories, I notice the images that serve as the items and story telling device. Where do you guys get them?

Images

12 years ago

Can I use images in my stories from like Google, or is that not encouraged. Could somebody give me the guidelines?

Images

12 years ago

You can use images from anywhere in your storygame. Many people just search for what they want on Google Images, though there's no real restriction. Technically, you could be infringing copyright by using someone else's pictures without their knowledge, but there's really no harm in it and so far nobody has gotten in trouble for using such pictures in their storygames.

There is an article that shows you how to upload pictures and include them in your storygame as well, if you don't already know how to do that (click here).

Images

12 years ago

Officially, I am supposed to recommend that you confirm that you have the rights to use the pictures you take from the internet, however, I doubt anyone will ask you "where did you get those pictures" on this site, and so no one even tries to find out whether you legally have the pictures or not. Besides, no one on this site is making profit on the stories, and some even add disclaimers to the description of the storygame.