Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

I'm working on a new story called Grey Warden, but it will be on my view of the game Dragon Age. This is the noble path from it and haven't beaten the game yet. So i'm asking for some ideas from the game or some of the community's ideas. I want everone involved in this story. Not my story, OUR story!!!

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Oh, so it's a fan-fic. I didn't realize that when you messaged me about it. You know, fan-fic's are usually not directly the story from whatever it is inspired from.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

True.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
Ok so the Grey Warden lore is a long and deadly one. Any specific questions.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

I don't think he's asking a specific question, just gathering what everyone wants to include or something like that.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
defiantly got to have some history on them. The flying in on griffins and such. I chose to save the wolves and the elves. Destroy the anvil, Help the Mages and I did the deed with Morgan to live.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Thanks cool. I'm on the noble path, but I did a little of the elf and not dwarf yet.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Well when i played Dragon Age: Origins for the first time my character was a Male elven Mage. I guess i was what DnD people would call Chaotic Good...  I saved the elves and werewolfs/used the anvil/helped the magesafter that i went to dwarfs and picked the -non traditional King-  then threw morgan off my party as soon as possible (which i think is only avalible before you fight the DragonDarkspawn[Forgot it's name]. Oh i also got (spoiler) BloodMagic from the Demon lady.

I never liked Morgan, she always seemed abusive and didnt really care about you.To stuck on survival for me, I'll go with the chantry girl.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
My official Warden is the Dwarf Commoner (Rogue). His adventures went more or less like this:

Killed Arl Eamon's son to get rid of the demon.

Purged the mages. (And killed Wynn in the process)

Slaughtered the elves with the help of the werewolves.

Kept the anvil and put Prince Behlen on the throne.

Killed the Ghost Guardian and sided with the Dragon cult (Would've been cool if they could help you in the final fight)

"Killed" Flemeth.

Made Loghain a Gray Warden and had Alistar executed, leaving Queen Anora on the throne.

Restored the Gray Warden Keep and left Avernus to continue his studies.

Romanced Morrigan the whole time and did the ritual.

Saved Vigil's Keep and let the dark spawn destroy Amaranthine instead.

Made the deal with the Architect.

Killed the Harvester.

Followed Morrigan into the broken mirror.

I mostly travelled with Morrigan, Sten and Shale. Used Alistar and the Dog more toward the beginning, but replaced them pretty quickly. Used Oghren (instead of Shale) during the Deep Roads, but after that I didn't really use him since I was set for warriors with Sten and Shale. Used him all the time in Awakening though.

Didn't really use Zevran or Lianna at all since I was already a rogue and Lilly was probably the most annoying character (next to Alistar) in DA1 anyway. Though I still used her more than Zev when doing a non-rogue playthough since you get her early and you can level up her lockpick skills quicker.

Wynn's not really annoying so much as she's just boring. Used her instead of Morigan on a "pure good guy" playthrough, but on other play throughs I just kill her immediately since I hate being forced to take her on the Mage Tower quest and Morrigan does just as good of job at healing people and is more entertaining.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Soo you were a Gray Warden who tried to make life worse for everybody before the darkspawn could?

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
I was an human noble as a dual blade warrior.

I too didn't kill the mother or the son. (there is a third option but you have to go to the draven mine to get it.)

Helped the mages

cured the werewolves

destroyed anvil put prince Behlen on the throne.

Did not side with the dragon cult.

Killed Flemeth

Had alistar Kill logen and locked Queen Anora away.

Reastored the keep, and let avernus countiune studies.

Morgan ritual, while not romancing Morrigan but Lianna.

Saved vigil's keep.

Killed the Architect and harvester.

Did not fallow Morrigan but let her go.

I mostly traveled with Lianna and Shale and Wynn (Sometimes alternating between all characters except Stan)

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Cool, Fireplay. I gotta thank you for some of the info. I'm gonna blend in a mix up the characters with different backrounds and such. And what sucked is when I had to take back an arl and met that boy. When the time came and I had to chose, I spared the queen but killed the boy...

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
I wasn't sure my way would work until I tried it.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Well Killer999, My way of handling the boy meant that the demon could come back after (i think it was like 10 years?) such time and posses the boy again. Which means i comdemed him to eternal service.

Also i was really wanting to help the werewolfs kill the elves even though i was an elf. :P

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

What's this third option in the dwarfvin kingdom? I guess you could also count my way as a 4th way to deal with the situation.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
You know how you need large amounts of lyrium or blood magic to open a portal. Well there is a dwarf who gives you raw lyrium in the kingdoms if you know where to look. Then no one dies.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Oh... Guess i didnt need to kill the mother then. L:)

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
I didn't know about the Dwarven solution to getting rid of the demon, I knew about the Mage Tower way which is you can get the mages to help after you save the circle from the demon invasion and don't purge them of course. The mother and son don't have to die in that scenario either.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

ya i did that after my second game when i was a human noble. I didn't know about the Dwarf way tho.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the replay ability for Dragon Age 1 & 2 was horrible?  Since you pretty much went through the whole thing again with same Quest's and battles?

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
Well the beginning was different as well as the options at the end but yeah. I don't like to talk about DA2 It was horrible compared to the first.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

I've never played the 2nd game but i've heard enough not to buy it...      Hmm....   Here's a question, what if two blights happened at the same time at opposite ends of the world in Dragon Age?

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
Not really sure. You should watch the ending of DA2 just because it sets up DA3.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

I actually rather liked DA2 as well as DA:O I think every one was expecting it to be the same as the first one which would be rather hard. I thought the story was a good weaving of some one trying to grab a hold of something in a vast torrent of change. The quips between isabela and varrick were hilarious and the smaller plots were also quite interesting though not being able to change Anders choice was a bit aggravating but still a thoroughly enjoyable game.

My first time through DA:O

I was a dwarven noble. I saved the the circle of magi, put Harrowmont as ruler and destroyed the anvil, Used lyrium to save Arl Eamon's son, took a pinch of the ashes and left them unharmed, entered a relationship with Morrigan, killed Flemeth, cured the werewolves, did the ritual with morrigan, put allistair and anora in a marriage to rule the kingdom, and killed logain. I saved the city and built up the fortifications of the wardens keep. Took the architect's deal and killed mom. Went with morrigan through the mirror

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
You found the lyrium way to? No one I had talked to had figured that part out.

DA2

+ Decent story

+Great music

+Fun lines

+Liked the new combat

- Graphics were cheesey

-random battles in the streets that had the same enemies coming at you again and again.

-lacked epic feel

- To many dungeons used over and over

- Didn't have as many choices felt more liner (Ex Ander's choice how it can't be change no matter what)

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

your basically all right. though replay is pretty fun, even if its dry at first.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
I just barley finished the first time through. I found like 5 different glitches and none of them the good type. (Like how in the first DA you could Giant crossbow spam him to win.)I was not expect DA 1 but it should have been better.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
There are a lot of glitches in DA2, though I did get an amusing one which was somehow it registered a romance with Isabella and Merril at the same time.

I figured Isabella's romance would end when I let Merril move into the mansion, but Hawke gave them both the romantic kiss near the end after killing the first enchanter. At the end Varric said Hawke was still travelling with Isabella when the group split up, so I guess he made up his mind eventually.

But yeah DA2 doesn't really inspire me to replay it. Other than the pre-order DLC (Sebastian and the Black Emporium) I received, I haven't bothered buying any of the other DLC either.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
Same here. Did you get the glitch were you can't finish Isabella's origin quest if you take the piece of paper before she tells you. I lost 5 hours of game play because of it.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Really? you killed him with giant crossbows that barly rotate?

I just kept hitting him with my magic and made my companions help the troops i sent to fight the endless spawning army of darkspawn.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago
Yep if you click them they rotate to him and then he staggers every time they hit. So you can just spam him and he can't do anything.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Yeah the lyrium way i found was to go to the circle of the magi and they come to the castle and set everything up, i didn't know there was another way

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Harrowmont gets the dwarfs killed and forces the surviving ones to flee to the surface.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

Well I started a new game. I'm not sure what to pick. EndMaster, I look foward to reading External. I have it saved near the beginning.

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

*Eternal

Grey Warden Story

12 years ago

My bad, thanks for correcting me. LOL!