Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Most Memorable Lurking Moment

12 years ago

Back when I was a random lurker who read old forum posts, I remember reading some posts mentioning A Serbian Film. Since Endmaster, 3J, and a few other members had seen it, I thought "Oh, I should watch it." A friend had the movie and I popped it into the dvd player.

Ahh, nothing too bad. Wait a second, what? 

2 hours or so later...

Jaw dropped and weeping in a corner.

Ah, memories. Does anyone else have a memorable lurking moment?

12 years ago
I'm more shocked that your friend had the movie, honestly. That one is just so fucked up.

12 years ago

Haha, he's a pretty big movie buff who loves films that have any kind of gore in it. So he has all the screwed up ones like Cannibal Holocaust, Antichrist, Human Centipede, etc...

But yeah, that one was messed up...ugh.

12 years ago
I looked for A Serbian Film, but every time I saw it for sale it was like 40 bucks and cut the two most infamous scenes. I wasn't going to bother paying that much money for a fucked up movie that I couldn't even see in all it's fucked up "glory"

Anyway I sort of read what the movie was about and what it contained, and I'll get my chance to see it soon anyway since apparently my mom found it for sixteen dollars after I told her all about it and said she'll send it to me after she's done watching it. It's the cut version, but I don't mind as much since I'm not paying for it and I can add it to my "Fucked Up Movie" Collection at least.

Human Centipede was more funny than horrific. Everyone knew going in what the movie was going to be about and they show most of the stuff in the trailers.

Cannibal Holocaust is probably more reviled due to the real animal killings filmed more than anything else.

12 years ago
I saw the uncut serbian film, you can torrent it. Applegirl, you probably saw the cut version haha, since I don't think you can get the uncut version on dvd, imagine the horror.

12 years ago

I need to watch that movie

12 years ago
Am I the only one here who's incredibly scared of horror films?

12 years ago
When I saw the first harry potter movie I was so scared that I had to sleep with the lights on....

So no your not the only one.

12 years ago

This made me curious and I searched for the 50 most controversial films of all time.

http://newyork.timeout.com/arts-culture/film/725761/the-50-most-controversial-movies-ever?page=2,0

Surprisingly, neither A Serbian Film or Human Centipede 2 are on the list.

12 years ago
I have no mouth and i must scream. That is all.

12 years ago
That story is so fucked up. Holy fuck. That one hit me so hard. In a completely different way, so did Guts by Palahniuk. (Thanks, End).

Actually, I showed Guts to my roommates and watching them squirm was fantastic.

12 years ago

Ugh, I couldn't piss for a day after reading that story.

12 years ago

Idk why, but I use this site as far as films are concerned: http://www.filmsite.org/

12 years ago

I should berate the fact that such a film should ever be watched (should exist however), but the generation of today I acknowledge has a profound curiosity for the obscene, bizzare, and downright gruesome. Sometimes I ponder if our cautious need to fascinate and acquaint ourselves with death in defense will in return find our own deserving unmaking thereof, more than one way of contradiction as it is the Twelve Monkeys that find itself chasing death in order to escape from it. There is much zest, zeal and wonder in this place called life, and as we continue this path leading to preservation, have we elude from the grasp of what it is like to feel alive, or live? Though perhaps, the true question lie in whether the benefit of living in ignorance outweigh the burden of carrying what we know. Ever yet still, if we have two boy prodded each other with stick hoping to be the better of the two, and along comes the blacksmith that forged swords, hence ending the bickering and lives of both. So then, is their death the consequence that became of the weapon being made and carried or the one who chooses to wield it? Neither could be the wiser or just and we would still find a fault and blame.

In the end, the insecurity consumes like a voracious craving that never ends, nudging the edges of a helter skelter that had always seem to be of reaching through by the rippling depths. And all at once, everything and nothing one the same in way of befitting a worthwhile and worthlessness.

12 years ago

prodding*

12 years ago
There were like 20 issues with that post, I'm wondering how you chose to correct this one hahaha

12 years ago

Topic derailed on the first post... is that a record?

12 years ago
Err.. it would be hard to beat that one..

12 years ago

Wait, did anyone else pick up on the fact that Endmaster's mom  watches this stuff? I always pictured Endmaster as a 30-something, or late 20s or something like that (I just picture you as somewhat older, no offense if I picture you as too old), which might make his mom 50 or 60 something.

12 years ago
I believe End is 30.

12 years ago

I always imagined Endmaster as a teenager with some serious issues before I got into the forums.

12 years ago
EndMaster a teenager?

12 years ago

Before I read the posts in the forums.