Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Post your favorite anything here!

11 years ago
Hey guys, im bored. RELIEVE MY BOREDOM. Post your favorite stuff, i dont care what.

FOR ME:

Singers/Bands:

Calvin Harris
Taylor Swift
Lindsey Stirling
Hammerfall
etc...

Movies:

Hunger Games
Dodgeball
Princess Bride

Hobbies:

Kicking soccer balls at various objects (basketball hoops, trashcans, heads, etc..)

Food:

Frickin' Cocoa Puffs!

11 years ago
My favorite god is Odin, because he's portrayed by Anthony Hopkins, and Anthony Hopkins is my favorite actor...well, one of them.

11 years ago
Favorite God would be a tie between Artemis and Poseidon, favorite Greek Titan would be Prometheus.

Sort of favorite book that is tied with 10 other series for top, is Sword of Truth series.

favorite type of games: RPG or RTS

11 years ago

Wasn't Prometheus a human? That's the guy that went up to Olympus and stole fire from the gods to bring to the rest of mankind (and was subsequently immortalized by the gods so that his suffering would never end, as they made an example of him by having a giant bird eat his insides every day).

11 years ago
Prometheus was a Titan who betrayed Zeus's orders and spread fire (and knowledge) to humans, and thus made Zeus so pissed he sicked the vulture on him.

11 years ago
Was the immortality part of his Titan powers or was that something Zeus added as part of the torture?

11 years ago
Not sure really, I'm not that well versed in Greek Mythology to know all the specific details, but I think I remember something about Zeus growing his organs back every night, so it could be him. But who knows, this guy was a freaking Titan, so he's powerful.

11 years ago
A Titan is the father of the Gods so ya Titans are immortal also. And yes Bo that is correct all his wounds heal the next morning and the vulture comes again.

11 years ago
O specifically A great eagle would eat his liver everyday and it grow back the next day.

11 years ago

Prometheus is pretty damn awesome.  He's also the one to created man.  Zeus was being a douche with his fire, only letting humans have a taste here and there whenever he felt like it, and Prometheus wasn't too happy 'bout that.  He sacrificed himself, knowing he would be punished, for the sake our independence.

Then after binding Promo to the rock, he sets out to "punish" mortals by creating "woman" - Pandora hahah  Always found that hilarious, 'cause it's not like godesses didn't exist at the time.  They couldn't have been too happy to hear Zeus go "I will curse mortals with the worst thing I can think of..... female versions of themselves!!" haha  What a dick.

(She also brought with her a jar full of the world's evils, but whatever. :p)  My favorite Greek god's Apollo, next to Dionysus, and maybe Athena/Artemis taking spot number 3.

11 years ago
lol

11 years ago
haha, no A titan is not the father of the gods. Kronos is the father of the original gods,and Kronos is a titan, but a titan is not "the father of the Gods".

11 years ago
I suspect he's talking about the God of War version of Greek mythology.

11 years ago
I may have phrased that sentence incorrectly, but I did not mean that all Titans are fathers of Gods,I meant since "A" Titan is the father of Gods who are immortal then most likely, Titans are immortal also, which they are.

Ive never played GoW and I despise how pop culture butchers Greek Mythology.

11 years ago
I have to say i like the GREEK greek mythology, not the americain greek mytholgoy. well said. anyway i like Hermes.

11 years ago
I like both, really. NOt that I've seen that much of a schism between the two.

11 years ago

There's a pretty huge difference, unfortunately.  I try not to be a snob about stuff like music, movies, etc so I stay open to things as they are as much as possible, but Greek myth is for some reason one of the things I really can't stand to see butchered.  Anyone watch Immortals?  As a gorey action flick, pretty good.  As anything pertaining to Greek myth, total crap.

None of the gods acted like themselves, they had no personality, and it seemed like they just hired random models with no acting talent to sit and play around in some Hollywood fashion show-style costumes.  Also, the original Zeus and most of the others don't give a damn about humans - they do whatever they please, so long as they don't act contrary to fate, and rarely ever find themselves deadset on helping humans for no reason.  Instead, Zeus finds a way to Hollywood-it-up in this movie by giving dumb excuses for not helping, talking about how gods should "have faith in the mortals."  If you're looking for a modern US butchering of Greek myth, Immorals is it.

11 years ago
I know how you feel, I was so bored I rick rolled myself. One of the downsides of being exempt from your exams is that you don't have to study but all your friends do :/

11 years ago
Also one of my favorite commercials is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_f98qOGY0

11 years ago
Favorite statement as of now: Women make no sense. At all. Ever.

11 years ago
That depends on the woman.

11 years ago
My favorite Greek god is either Hades or Artemis. What's cooler, the Underworld or the hunt..? Hm.