Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago
Has anyone else found the Homo Perfectus series on par with actual comic books? I remember two hipster friends of mine talking about old comic book heroes, and I walked up and gave a detailed description of Baryon, and they were completely hooked. They lost their minds when they learned it was created by some guy from Iceland on the internet, but that's irrelevant :P.

So what I was thinking is this: I've always found the Homo Perfectus series as good as comic books (only without pictures), and if you think he could write in a linear fashion (which wouldn't be hard since he'd just pick one of the paths) could he actually get it published? I'd love to see it in stores, and even though I'd have no idea who to talk to to ge it done, I think Sindriv has teh talent to make a Homo Perfectus comic book series, especially if he breaks up each story into multiple books, since Adam probably won't find and defeat Meckard in the same book that he escaped.

Plus, since comic book series(s?) do actually release alternate storylines (like the Nightwing storyline was released after the storyline where Robin died was published), he could still have material based on what choices you made here. Or maybe make one where Adam doesn't die, or one where Eve does, and also he could make them from each of the imperfect's perspectives.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

It's all up to SindriV but he definitely has the talent for it.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

The entire story was originally thought as a linear story, so doing that definately would not be hard. I don't have any idea who to contact to get this done, but if I did, I would definately like to pursue that.

It's also funny, yesterday, me and a friend of mine were discussing what would have happened with Freakshow and Baryon and all those guys if it had been Adam and not Eve that had encountered them, so it's a pretty funny coinscidence that you mentioned the very same alternate story in this thread.

But basically, if I knew how to get Homo Perfectus into a more public media (isn't that the correct term?) like comic books, novels, films, TV series or anything like that, I would.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

Maybe you could sned a link to your stories to a company?

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

If I was going to send something to a company, I would rewrite it on the format I would want them to publish the story on, but that's not the hard part, finding a company to send it to is.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

I think getting the company to actually sit down and read it would be the hard part.

If you're serious about it, you should probably hire/find an artist to actually draw a chapter or two for them. Companies LOVE demos.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

If anyone can write, it's you SindriV.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago
Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that you were talking to hipsters about something that THEY have never heard about?

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago

^^Comment of the Year Nominee.

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago
Haha, I never even considered that :P

Homo Perfectus

11 years ago
I certainly think the stories are good enough.