Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Story game teasers

11 years ago

Ashes to Ashes- Fantasy

You play as an extremely powerful young man just beginning training at an academy for magic. You soon learn however, that your power is more of a curse than a gift, and more dangerous than useful. Different factions would use you as a weapon in politics and war. Can you master your power, or will it destroy you and everyone around you? Can you navigate the treacherous powers vying to control you, or break free altogether, or will you become a mere chess piece, unable to decide your own destiny?

This game has around 50 pages completed, but will require far more attention before being completed

Scars of War-(a little more difficult to categorize, fantasy or love and dating with a psychological twist)

You play as Lyria, the 21 year old wife of a recently freed prisoner of war, and mother of his 5 year old son.  After believing him dead for three years, Lyria is overjoyed to hear that her husband is alive. Although physically uninjured, all is not well. His shattered and deluded mind proves a danger to those around him. Can Lyria help him find freedom and healing from the horrors of his past and his fears for the future, or will his mental instability turn to violent insanity?

This game is still mostly concept. I only have a few pages written. I have an idea block on the other one right now, so I’m using this one to keep writing until inspiration strikes

Feel free to  critique or ask questions.