Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Post your favorite films!

11 years ago
Yes, post here!

11 years ago

TED, The campaign (hope it's good), All the American pies , Ghost rider 1 and 2, The blade saga, Bornue Trilogy, Avengers, hulk, captain American and others. i don't feel like typing anymore.    

11 years ago

Was Ted good? I really want to see it.

11 years ago

Funny, very funny. Yeah it's worth seeing.

11 years ago

Some of my Ukrainian friends kept asking me if life in America is really exactly like the American Pie movies.

11 years ago

Tell them yes. Tell them all yes.

11 years ago
Saving Private Ryan.
Titanic.
Shutter Island.
Behind Enemy Lines.
Pearl Harbour.
The Expandables.
Blood Diamond.

11 years ago

Children of Men hands down.

11 years ago

Blade Runner.

11 years ago

Either V for Vendetta or Fight Club, I'm not sure.

11 years ago

I like alot of the movies that have come out in the past years, but my favorites are what I grew up with.

All the John Wayne movies

Outlaw Josey Wales

Smokey and the Bandit

The good, the bad, and the ugly

3:10 to Yuma

11 years ago

My Name Is Bruce 

Taken 

Die Hard

I enjoy most of Bruce Campbell's films but My Name Is Brice is most amusing, Taken and Die Hard are great action films and get your blood moving

11 years ago
1-Deception.
2-Inception.
3-Titanic.
4-Lord of the Rings.
5-Harry Potter.
6-The Transporter.

11 years ago

I don't get why everyone was confused with Inception. Everyone in my class was derping around and I was just like "Oh, Cool". Of course, Honors isn't exactly high-class anymore, especially when I try to explain what level of the dream they're in and they just ask "waht's a dream level" -_-

11 years ago
I have no absolute favorite movies, and when you get right down to it, most of what I've seen is animated films: the Pixars, the Ghiblis, the other animes, the Honneamises. But I also saw and really liked Inception. I guess it confused me, but more in the sense of 'wow, SO MANY DREAM LEVELS! that's REALLY EGREGIOUS!'. And come on, they explained what dream levels were in the film. Probably repeatedly! It's...almost like being surprised by the ending of Marley and Me. Or maybe not like that at all. Also I'm not gonna try to make any other Excalibur avatars after this one. I may still stalk topics so that I can post immediately after Bo, though. That's a good mentality.

11 years ago

Everyone needs Excalibur avatars. Anywho, it's not the brightest bunch of people. I remember when we were reading Their Eyes Were Watching God, and even though the long-term sub (our teacher had a baby) thought we were so stupid she made me feel like a kindergardener with her explanations, the girl behind me kept asking "which part is the flashback?". It took considerable self-restraint to keep from yelling THE PART WITH MOTHER F***ING SLAVERY! THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYMORE! 

I get extremely irritated by those who lack reading comprehension -_-

11 years ago

Nice to see everyone cared about my sudden disappearance XD

Probably the Blade movies, Chronicle, and the Hangovers.

11 years ago

You left?

11 years ago

I really didn't notice. I never notice

11 years ago

Did you expect us to put your profile picture on a milk carton?

11 years ago

Of course! Jeez, people.

Yeah, I leftish. I went to Taiwan(or possibly just like, went to another really cool site.)

11 years ago

Princess Mononoke, Leaving Las Vegas, The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

11 years ago
Blade 2, Book of Eli, My Soul to Take, Transporter 3

11 years ago

The Dark Knight Rises, Armageddon, and Naruto Shippuden The Movie 2: Bonds

11 years ago

Fight Club.

11 years ago

Yay communism!

11 years ago

Good Bye Lenin!. It's the only German comedy that actually made my non-German-speaking friends laugh, and it's... good. Definitely not a mindless comedy. Two other German films I really like would be The Lives of Others and The Counterfeiters.

Recently watched The Pianist, it was good. Been out a long time though so I don't really know why I hadn't seen it before.

Katyn (Polish film) is sad but a good one.

Gentlemen of Luck and The Diamond Arm are both Soviet comedies, but some of my favorites. The latter at least can be watched for free with English subtitles on Mosfilm's YouTube channel. Admiral is a newer Russian film that most people I've watched it with have enjoyed.

?Dark Blue World? is also pretty good; it's in Czech.

I've started watching some Russian miniseries based on some of the classics of Russian literature. Most of what I've seen of them I've been relatively impressed with, so I'll probably try to watch some more of those.

Plenty of others that I like too; just can't think of many more at the moment. I watched ?The Footnote on the plane back from Ukraine; it was in Hebrew and it's hard to follow subtitles while the passenger next to you is talking, but the idea of the movie was interesting anyway. Not exactly an all-time favorite though, just watched it because I like watching odd foreign films and I had seven hours to kill.