Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New :D

11 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm Scribe and very excited to be here! I will be playing lots of storygames soon <3

While I also have ideas I'd love to implement, I am currently very novice at coding, and I've looked a long time for a site that will let me ease into it :) This looks great! That said, if anyone has any nice help sites to recommend for beginner coders it would be much appreciated! And if you know a great MAG on CYS lemme know, I'm always looking for a wonderful adventure! My favorite genre by far is Fantasy, but I'm also a huge fan of Steampunk and Science Fiction. Not a big fan of Love & Dating or School-based :P

I also have a question. Would a mythology-based storygame, like something to do with Vergil's Aeneis, fall under the "Fantasy," "Everything Else" or "Fan Fiction"? :)

Glad to meet you all!

Scribe

11 years ago

Welcome! I would assume mythology based games would go into Fantasy. 

11 years ago

Unless it's historical mythology, then it would go in Edutainment... And welcome! ^_^

11 years ago

Welcome Scribe!

11 years ago

... Wow, a thread with me, BZ and Aman and no one got insulted... I'm so ashamed sad

11 years ago

Disgusting Briar. How could you even insinuate that we should derail this thread? Happy Now?

11 years ago

Im'a pimp swap yo fascist farce.

Subtitles: How dare you?!

11 years ago

Im'a pimp swap? 

11 years ago

I'm gonna pimp-slap

11 years ago

Pimp swap sounds much cooler.

11 years ago

I've got a few pimps I could swap out - got any with zebra stripe?

11 years ago

Think so.

11 years ago

This guy is available (special discount for Forum Spamers)

photo PimpDD.jpg

11 years ago

Hmm, how much was he for?

11 years ago

I'll need a couple of lemons and a jalapeno pepper.

11 years ago

Hmm, I love jalapeño peppers though,

11 years ago

You people are far to talented in derailment for your own good.

@Scribe, welcome to our little empire. Make yourself at home but i'd recomend avoiding the neighborhood between Penguintopia and Mustachville. It get's a bit strange over there from time to time.

^That just gave me an idea, somebody need to make a map of our CYOA City. It would provide more derailment material for you. lol

11 years ago

I'm Con, the evil 3-yr-old, world-dominator, penguin-with-mallets-supporter and mustache-destroyer. Proud to say that I own Mustache Destroyers Co., with the HQ situated in a mustache-torturing chamber beneath Penguintopia ^_^

Fireplay, that's a great idea :D

Anyways, please ignore what I wrote above (yes, I'm a penguin-supporter myself), and have a good time here at CYS :)

11 years ago

And I'm Amy, your friendly neighborhood demon, the one who occasionally encourages mustache/penguin wars, but siding for neither. Enjoy yourself, and I'm totally not harvesting your soul as you read this!

11 years ago

(her company happens to be bankrupt due to its lack of success, but don't mind that, burn her on the stake for being a facist though)

11 years ago

I think you've mistaken my company for the Mustache Delights Company...after all, they do sound kinda similar :P

You know what they say, you kinda go a bit blind and a bit deaf when you become old :P

11 years ago

I know, the older you get the blinder. Though, I'd assume that since I'm one of the youngest on the site forums, I'd assume that it happens to be that you don't know the state of your facist company. 

Mustache Delights is actually doing really well. Our mustache combs, mustache squeaky toys, and our mustache control devices are all selling well.

11 years ago

Oh? And how old might that be? (I bet you your mustache that I'm younger than you. After all, I am a 3-yr-old evil genius :)

(What are mustache squeaky toys? o.o)

11 years ago

Did no-one else notice the mention of mustache control devices? I think Aman's brainwashing us!

11 years ago

Never. I wouldn't do such an evil thing.

11 years ago

True. Being evil's more my department. Speaking of being evil, where do you want me to send these brainwashing mallets that totally will not be used to convince a certain penguin that mustaches are awesome?

11 years ago

Hmm, send them to that certain penguins lair of penguiness.

11 years ago

Ok! Also, I have some antique mustaches for you that TOTALLY aren't from a certain mallet-wielding penguin. Should I just send them straight to your mustache fortress?

11 years ago

Nah, I hate old mustaches. I have no idea why I would ever get such a thing.

11 years ago

Oh. Well. I'll just have to tell Berka that his plan didn't work then. Nice doing business with you! *offers hand for handshake*

11 years ago

*spits at hand. 

Hell no.

11 years ago

Aww, that's not very nice. And after I delivered all those brainwashing mallets for you too. They were heavy. Oh well, 'I'll get you next time' and all that jazz. *EPIC CAPE SWISH AS I EXIT*

Awkward silence

I just realised I have nowhere to go.

11 minutes later: I'm so lonely.

16 hours later: Why do all the threads I post on die?

11 years ago

Dur what?  Dead?

11 years ago

My mustache doesn't age, so it's actually 0 years old. And since I am an avatar of mustachness, I gain the age of my mustache. 

Though my mustache has lived through the ages, it hasn't aged. 

(exactly what it says on the can)

11 years ago

For not ageing, it sure is full of Gray Hairs. It must worry a lot....

11 years ago

Welcome! If your story uses mythology from a game or book or movie, then it goes under fan-fiction. Otherwise, it goes to fantasy.

11 years ago

If it's educational based on Aeneis, then it should go in Edutainment. Fan fiction is for fan-created plot using source characters and setting. Fantasy and Everything Else are reserved more for more original works of fiction by writers of this site.

11 years ago

Welcome to the site! ;)

As for your story: I'd post it under either 'edutainment' or 'fantasy', depending on how much you stick to the original story. I've posted my own semi-myth story (shameless advertising) under 'edutainment'.

11 years ago

@scribe welcome we are very good at derailment.

I agree about the map just make sure to add Hugo's massive subterranean city ( we are currently branching out underneath mustachville and penguintopia tunnels to their fortresses are currently on sale. We promote the new penguin mustache treaty!!!)

11 years ago

And my city of gorrillatopia which neighbors penguintopia.

11 years ago

Aman...3 against one >:D

11 years ago

But Hugo supports peace not fighting. 

11 years ago

Yes go peace the hippie's and uhh oh who am I kidding go the treaty but we will help out with our complete and utter SKILLZ!!! If we want to (don't get us angry though you may find poop from you opposing city's in your bed.)

11 years ago

Not sure if mustaches can poop...

11 years ago

OH NO! We are NOT talking about this! I've got to many bad memories...

11 years ago

Trust me when I say watch where you look you will have many more

Mustache's shed that is their poop

11 years ago

Umm, I'm not sure what mustache you've been talking to (probably one of those penguin fake mustache), but real mustaches don't shed....

11 years ago

Yeah, they mostly just whither up (especially if you throw salt on them)...

11 years ago

That's just your fakey mustaches. The real weakness of mustaches is.......... ha, you probably expected me to say it didn't you,

11 years ago

... It's not a huge string of periods?

11 years ago

Totally not. Just keep the string away from my mustache. 

11 years ago

Hair falls off its natural and if that doesn't work we will just sneak in and give them a shave and call it crap.

11 years ago

Have you ever seen crap? Mustache hairs don't exactly radiate the smell that crap radiates, and certantly don't look like it. 

11 years ago

DAMMIT AMAN, STOP STEALING MY TROPHY MORE HIJACKING THE THREADS OF NEWBIES.

11 years ago

Hey, i didn't start this hijacking. I just hijacked the original hijack.

11 years ago

What do you call hijacking a hijacking? A space jacking?

11 years ago

Double-jack?

11 years ago

Lowjacking? (it's so high that it's come back around to low again)...

11 years ago

Sidejacking?

11 years ago

Oooh - I really like that one!

"You have been Sidejacked!"

Yep, it's a keeper  LOL!

11 years ago

Steam punk? You have good taste.