Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Working on a storygame

10 years ago

I'm making my first "Love & Dating" storygame, but it's not gonna be graphic or extremely innapropriate.  The entire thing is based on dialogue, so you're almost always talking to somebody.  It's almost like a speed-dating themed kind of thing.  The thing is, it's really hard to make high-quality dialoue without making annoying loops.  Most of the responses eventually lead to the same place in the end, because I don't have enough time to make totally seperate stories.  There are 4 main characters, one of them a girl, and each of them has a different personality.  Some of them speak more "proper" than others, and some of them speak almost entirely in slang.  If you know what OHSHC is, you might be able to relate it to this.  Please tell me what you think of it.  If you like it, should I release it for public testing then unpublish to finish when I've gotten enough feedback?  Or should I simply continue to work on it?  Please reply.

Working on a storygame

10 years ago

In my opinion, you should publish the first part of it saying that it is a test, then see what the comments say and take suggestions from that. I'll be happy to read it :)

Working on a storygame

10 years ago

People dont like first parts so youll get a bad rating evn if your writing is good. I recommend adding someone as coauthor so they can have a look at it or you can post a page so that people can comment on your writing.

Working on a storygame

10 years ago

You could set the link here, that way you don't have to publish/beta test it.