Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi! A few things I'm wondering :)

2 years ago
Hello, everyone! I am so happy to be on this website. I have been looking at the stories and I have a few questions about writing them. In the welcoming email, I found that this is the perfect place to ask my questions instead of tracking down someone else who uses the website.
First, I don't see a place to change the text and was wondering if that is possible on here. The size as well.
Second, I wanted to ask if there was a way to change the language on this website.
And last, I would love to have an editor to help me with my stories! If anybody is interested in helping me write and clean up any grammar mistakes that I make.

Thank you all very much for your help! I really appreciate it.

2 years ago

Welcome to the site!

If you are referring to the text in your forum posts, you can access different fonts and sizes by checking the "rich text editor" box on your profile page.  This should also let you change the font in your stories as well.

I'm fairly certain the site is only available in English, though I could be mistaken.

Most people tend to do editing on a case-by-case basis, so when you're finished something, post a link to it in "writing workshop", and whoever has time might read it over and give feedback.  However, I recommend fixing all spelling/grammar mistakes in your work prior to sharing it, as most editors don't like dealing with that.

2 years ago
I thought most phones would do an automatic translation of a page by default if it's in a language other than your own. If not I'm sure there's apps, although of course automated translations are never going to be perfect. The OP seems to write in English just fine though. But yes, it's better to have some work to show first and THEN request an editor.

2 years ago
Thank you all! I have a friend who I would like to show some of these stories, but English is not her first language so I wanted to see if there was a way to switch it on here. Translation apps will suffice for now, though.

I'll be sure to go to the Writing Workshop whenever I have some work to present! :)

2 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.