Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

February Flash Fiction Contest Results

7 years ago
Fantastic turnout for the February Flash Fiction Contest: we had a whopping 33 entries, not including my not-an-actual-entry story. A golf clap for all our entrants, and a grand round of applause for our practically unanimous winner.

@Romulus you stole the show.

1st Place: Romulus - Forever After

2nd Place: Romulus - Call for the Dead

3rd Place: @BerkaZerka - Untitled

No other entry received more than one vote, but the support for the top three was overwhelming. Thank you to ThreeJay and @Briar_Rose for their service on the judging panel. And congratulations to our winners. Links to the submission and feedback threads are at the bottom of the page.

Stay tuned for the Spring Contest - I am very excited for this one - details will likely be posted with the next 2-4 hours. Things have been kind of chaotic lately, so bare with me while I multi-task to get back on schedule.

For anyone who enjoyed the not-an-an-actual-entry, The Honorable Sell-Sword - Part I, stay tuned for Part II, also likely to be posted in the next 2-4 hours.

Entries & Feedback

Congratulations Romulus and BerkaZerka!

7 years ago

I'm surprised my entry was voted for at all. It was a fun contest though, and I look to enter more in the future. Congratulations Romulus and BerkaZerka.

7 years ago
Congrats Romulus and Berka! I loved reading the variety of entries for this one, it's surprising just how much you can pull off in 300 words.

7 years ago

Chaotic, you say. . .

Congratulations, Romulus!

7 years ago

Woohoo, thanks guys. And congrats Berka!

7 years ago
Congrats Rom! And good show to all who gave an entry.

This was really fun, trying to squeeze something coherent into so few words, haha!

7 years ago

Nice, congrats to both Romulus and Berka! 

This had an amazing turnout and it was great we got so many entries. As usual I had a fun time reading through everything. I enjoyed seeing all the different approaches people took within the tight word count.