Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Friends

3 years ago

So, one of my friends was on a server with me and I had to finish a puzzle on that server. 

She kept chatting to me, but I couldn't respond since I was being followed by the monster.

She said that I was "ignoring her" and is now being a total dickhead to me. Calling me a "noob" and when I died she would say "haha". When I was in a lobby with her, she said: "nonononono, get out of here". 

She said "my paradise was a world without her" but I want her to forgive me.

What do I do?

Friends

3 years ago

That sounds like a really petty thing for someone to get mad over.  If she does this sort of thing a lot, I'd recommend finding some new friends.  That's not to say you should replace her, she is still your friend after all, just that you might not want to spend all your time around someone who likes to stir up drama over nothing.  If you really want her to forgive you, I'd recommend just leaving her alone for a few days.  Give her time to cool off, and she'll probably forget about it.

There's also a chance that she's going through something else right now, and decided to take it out on you, especially if this isn't something she normally does.  Try to be nice to her, even if she's being a bit of a jerk.  If she still doesn't forgive you, then there's not much else you can really do.  It's not like you can control her.

Friends

3 years ago

I'm trying to be as nice as I can to her. Let me try to replicate conversations with her (I'm bold, btw):

"I left a good server because ofu" (She was playing a ROBLOX game at the time and joined my sever)

"Look, you didn't have to leave that server. You could've stayed."

"-_-"

"haha, you have no wins, noob"

"I know."

"nononono, get out of here"

":0"

":0" (She was mocking me, I think)

"{Gamemode in game} would be really cool in public servers."

"Do you want me to forgive you or not"

"Forgive"

"Then, don't say things like that"

"Lava. Meteors. This is paradise." (I was making a joke)

"Paradise for you is a world without me."

"You do nothing good to me."

"I wanna strangle you right now." (Yes, she said that IN SCHOOL. I legit wanted to cry.)

When we were going to the gym for recess since it rained that day, I wanted to draw with one of my friends. She overheard and started telling 3 of my other closest friends that I was "not playing with them anymore".

Yes, my friend gets mad at me for small things all the time. It doesn't seem like anything is going on in her life right now. If there was, she would've told me. 

Friends

3 years ago

This seems like a really toxic friendship.  I'd stop hanging out with her if I we're you, there are plenty of nicer people in the world.  Is she your only friend, or do you have others?

Friends

3 years ago

I have others, luckily. 

But, the weird thing is that if she gets mad at me, she acts normally after 1 day or more. It's really weird.

Friends

3 years ago

Okay good.  If you do decide to stop hanging out with her, you've got support.  (Of course, I don't expect you to take advice from some rando on the internet either.  It's really up to you to figure out what to do).

Friends

3 years ago

That is true. I did pick her as one of my friends, after all.

But your advice was actually really helpful. 

I thought there was gonna be funny jokes but a helper Jester has appeared!

I'll think of what to do. If I do, I'll inform you about it.

Thank you, Jester! :D

Friends

3 years ago

You're welcome!  Glad to be of service.

Friends

3 years ago

I got some information, Jester:

She's two-faced (not trying to insult, but she is)

She was acting all nice to me and my other friend who knows NOTHING about what's happening. Then, when my other kind friend left, she was being rude to me again.

Calling me a noob, saying "I'm unfriending you" STILL because of the ignoring thing.

I was going to say to her "{Her name}, I don't want to be rude, but you are being a total jerk to me." but she was going to get mad at get my other friend, who doesn't even KNOW what's going on, to get involved in this. 

I really want to confront her today. How should I do it?

Friends

3 years ago

Just tell her she needs to stop treating you like garbage, and that if this keeps up you're not going to keep hanging out with her, pretty much like you planned.  If you're worried about her turning your other friend against you, just talk to them before she does, so she gets your side of the story.  

Friends

3 years ago

That's actually what I was going for. 

Wish me luck.

(Probably will cry, but it's for the best.)

Friends

3 years ago

jster02, I choose you! 

So, um, she's mad at me (and my friend who's on my side) because she said she was "joking" and when I told her she was being rude she called me rude, saying "Why did I trust you" and "I hate you". It was really odd. 

She wanted to kick me out of her life, I guess. We apologized to her for misunderstanding, but she never texted back.

But, I really don't want to be her friend but now since we apologized, it's going to be kinda awkward if I just tell her "I don't want to be your friend anymore"

Now, what should I do? 

Friends

3 years ago
Invite her to the forum.

We solve all unwanted tween friend problems free of charge.

But it's probably simpler just to not message her anymore and don't go out of your way to show any real interest to anything she sends to you, unless it's actually important.

It's easy to distance yourself from people without some kind of official Unfriending Event, and probably more practical not to create friction with someone you know IRL. You'll have to still remain civil with a lot of people you don't like and would never voluntarily hang out with when you get older.

Friends

3 years ago

Yeah, what miz said.  No point making a big spectical out of it.  Though I would add that there's always the chance that she'll redeem herself.  While you probably should keep your distance for the time being, if you start seeing real signs of her actually changing, or if she actually gives a sincere apology, you might want to consider giving her a second chance.  Of course, it's up to you to determine if it would be wise to do so based on the circumstance.

And above all, try not to hold a grudge, even if you do stay away.  That's exausting, and will just make you bitter.

Friends

3 years ago

I am giving her a second chance, she seems to be recovering. Also, I'm not the person to hold grudges. The only thing I'm worried about is if she gets mad because I was mad at her and then she tells my other friend about me ignoring her and then that friend is now mad at me. 

(Damn, my life is full of weird people. :/)

Friends

3 years ago

Hopefully the fact that you confronted her will make her realize she was hurting you, so she'll stop and that'll be the end of it.  There's a fair chance she didn't even realize what she was doing, so she just kept doing it even though you didn't like it.  

Friends

3 years ago

So, it seems likes she really wants to be my friend again!

Also, my school set up a Minecraft: Education Edition server so kids can play! I'm on it, and we're doing a build contest for a house! I haven't played ROBLOX in a while because of this. 

Friends

3 years ago

Good.  Nice to see this all worked out.

Friends

3 years ago

I'm glad, too!

(She got her phone privileges taken away as well because of her word choices)

Friends

3 years ago
Quit using ROBLOX, noob. It seems to be the center of all the drama in your life.

Friends

3 years ago

ROBLOX is a fun game, not gonna lie, but maybe it's the players.

And plus, I know this person irl.

Friends

3 years ago

I agree with Mizal; stop playing ROBLOX. God knows I played that a lot when I was your age. Not worth sticking around.

Friends

3 years ago

What should I play in the meantime?

I like adventure, action, comedy, fantasy games. But, both of my friends play ROBLOX  and they would be a little upset (mostly the friend we're talking about).

Friends

3 years ago

Minecraft's great if you have it.  Or you could go on steam and play Creativerse if that's still free.  It's basically the cheap knockoff version of Minecraft, but it's still fun.  

If you've got money to buy games, you could go play Terraria or Starbound.  Maybe take a look at Ultimate Chicken Horse too, if you're into platformers and party games.  Those are all multiplayer, so you can play with your friends.

Friends

3 years ago

Minecraft is a fun alternative if you want to play multiplayer or add servers for every genre of play you like. It does cost money but it's a fantastic game. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of platforms like ROBLOX, I just got really into Nintendo games lol. 

Friends

3 years ago

I have Minecraft.

But, it is fun. ^_^

Friends

3 years ago
Witcher 3 has all the action, comedy, romance, fantasy and adventure you will ever need (jk/). Or if you want a multiplayer game you can not go wrong with stuff like Streets of Rogue and UNTURNED (free). Or Something like Forager which is like a highly developed top down minecraft rpg.

Friends

3 years ago
She's 12 and once become so terrified by a Roblox game she had to stop playing. I think Stardew Valley would be a good choice, but she'd have to know someone else with it to do multiplayer, even if she could buy it.

Friends

3 years ago

Find better friends.