Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

There's still hope!

3 years ago

There's still hope something positive might come from 2020...

There's still hope!

3 years ago
I was more excited for TENET and well...that didn't go so well.

But hopefully Dune's director is willing to compromise his VISION enough to allow it released for streaming at home. Although I'm not really a fan of the pasty twink they picked for Paul, still looking forward to this one. At the very worst it can only be a thousand times better than the Star Wars sequels.

There's still hope!

3 years ago

The trailer alone is a 1000 times better than the SciFi Channel's entire miniseries from 20 years ago...

There's still hope!

3 years ago

I haven't read this book in years. Happy to discover I still think it's a damn good novel.

There's still hope!

3 years ago
The first three he wrote were iconic, the last three went further and further off the rails and got weeeeird and pretty cringe by Chapterhouse.

No comment on the ones written by the son.

But luckily most people only read the original trilogy.

I know @Gower is not a fan of any of them, maybe he'll elaborate. He just said something about the prose itself, but I haven't read them in so long I really can't remember anything specific about that. The characters and setting were what stuck with me.

There's still hope!

3 years ago

Honestly, I wish I remembered so I could elaborate, but it was decades ago that I slogged through Dune.  I remember liking a few parts of it, but I didn't like the prose style at all.  But I have thankfully removed all of my memories of that book from my brain.

There's still hope!

3 years ago

For Mara, since I know she likes cats.