Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Help finding a certain story

one year ago
I've spent about an hour searching on my own before giving up and deciding to ask for help. There was a "finished" WIP posted on the CoG forums but the poster said they wouldn't publish it there and would move to here to fix up and ultimately finish it. I played the wip there, loved it, decided I wanted to try the version on here at some point. Problem is, I can't find it now, so here's some of memory;

A fair amount of origin stories to pick from/play through.
You play as a child/young teen that gradually grows into a young adult/later teenager by the end of the main game.
Some creepy guy in a mask and his much nicer sorta-wife lead a group of criminal kids/teenagers, a group that you get added into.
Some scary monster is going around killing kids and teens, including those in your team.
A man/woman (players choice on which it is) on a rival gang is a romance option.
The previously mentioned "nicer sorta-wife" ends up being the monster killing everyone, and theres a confrontation where she tries to seduce you as a trick to end up killing you.
There's a woman character named Viper (I believe) who's like the craziest one on your team and really likes knives.
One woman character who gets emphasized as being attractive and 'too nice' to be on the team as she doesn't do any of the hurting or killing, and gets revealed to be a prostitute for the overall group under the Monster-Wifes orders.
(Im not 100% sure on this last memory;) one Ginger Boi character who's big secret is they're actually a girl.

REALLY wanna play it again here instead of there, so, if anyone knows or if the author themselves see this, that'd be cool.

one year ago

This is a real brain-tickler. About how long ago did this happen? As in, how long ago did the author say they were going over here to finish their game? There was only one time I remember something like this happening, and the game didn't sound like this.

one year ago
I think that's Avery Moore's Lawless Ones. Never did materialize over here, we only got Price of Freedom. But looks like there's still some version of it on Dashing Don.

one year ago
Thank you so much, The Lawless Ones was the right answer. Shame it never materialized here, though. At least I can replay it over on the forums if I ever want to.

one year ago

knowing the death could have been avoided if he had best realized the seriousness of the scenario, he always felt he become responsible. to make subjects worse, his spouse left him a short time later, leaving him on my own with his six-year-vintage younger son. the hurt and ache of the two conditions had been greater than al ought to stand, and he turned to alcohol for assist. in time al have become an alcoholic.

one year ago

Going to leave this bot's message just for the oddness of it while it was trying to peddle a phone link ad.

one year ago
It's the backstory of how he became a broken man posting phone ads from a Hong Kong proxy. A cautionary tale that speaks to us all, about how in time Al have become an alcoholic.

one year ago
objectively this is my favorite response