Ain't isn't a word.
Fine, it's an improper word. Happy?
I suppose you're the type of person who would even defend ghetto-speak as a real language?
Oh on, that would offend the poor, Killa. rofl.
Oh, I don't know, it might just be ;p
Though, if you're going to go by "what is a language", there is a Language Rulebook for that.
Ghetto is pretty much a dialect of english where everyone went: "You know what? Fuck the rules we'll do what we want".
But languages are one of the things I don't see much objectivity to, so in the end I don't care lol.
You have poor taste in friends if you considered her a best friend when she acted like that to you.
Didn't you know?
Your cool level is inversely proportional to your educational level.
You need to cool down. 'SHUSH UP CATFACE!' gives me a bad impression of you. I can understand if you're having a bad day, but don't take it out on people you don't know.
Honestly fergie, I think the internet is a better substitute than per say people you do know from real life.
And yes, thusly is incorrect! Guess why I used it. :D
Confederate is the new nazi after being imported from Germany after World War 2 and all. ;p
Well either that, or they're ignorant of the symbolism. And that pertains to a whole new meaning behind 'ignorance is bliss'.
1. As an Alabama boy, I use Ain't all the time. It aint a ghetto word, Killa >-> it can also be considered redneck, or whatever you want to call it, but I really don't see the difference. We use it all the time, I alternate between aint and isn't frequently, and I honestly don't se ewhy you're getting so infuriated over it.
2. "ghetto speak" or whatever you called it, is called Ubonics (some spell it Ebonics, I don't), there's a word for that particular dialect.
3. Yup, Racism is terrible, and unfortunately still alive today. I honestly don't see the point of it, yes there are poor, undereducated black or hispanic people, but there are poor, undereductaed people of any race at all, and I've met intelligent people of all races.
4. Why are you still friends with this chick? Sit her down, and talk with her about how you feel about this if you haven't done so already. You shouldn't let something like race get between you, but you shouldn't let her insult your race/heritage for no reason either.
5. haha, I'm there with you all the way Erudite. the Confederacy, although it stood for more than just slavery and racial superiority, is a symbol for racists everywhere, just like the swastika. There's no reason not be proud of your heritage, but you have to realize what you should and should not be proud of haha. I do know that the Confederacy extremely set the south back by decades at least, what with the war, no industry for a long time, and reconstruction.
I never claimed it was a ghetto word.
In fact I've used it at school before, which results in my teacher saying "Ain't ain't a word!". To which we all laugh at her and pointed out her flaw. Then for the rest of the year whenever someone said ain't everyone else would yell "ain't ain't a word!".
I also know it's called Ebonics, I just don't care lol.
Yarrr matey. Ye speac pirate?
It is true that some see words and dialects like "Ain't" as being a proper and commonly used word, however, each society has a social circle, and language itself is like a membership into that particular ensemble. Just like there are cool kids and nerds in high school, each form is grouping in life real is a mirrior image of that. And while you may divert from those roots, you will also be isolated as a consequence. Think traditional republican and liberal democrat. They both speak english and even at the same level, but beliefs, upbringing, and social gathering puts a berlin wall in between. So, although you can use words like "ain't" or "y'all", it will nevertheless expel you from whatever fraction you were considered part of. Another way of objectively looking at it, miscommunication as lead to wars and worse. So, true, for the common plebian it may mean nothing, however, to a lawyer or a politician, misusing a single word mean either being fired, going to war, or imprisoned.
I have always made sensible counterpoints, most of the time you guys just don't understand the point I try to make, or interpret it incorrectly.
"ghetto-speak as a real language?" So, you never said it was a gettho sord, just part of the ghetto language ^-^
I actually made no connection to the word at all. I just stated if she felt "ain't" was a proper word she's probably thinks "Ghetto-speak" is a real language.
Also I saw that you said "Ghetto is pretty much a dialect of english where everyone went: "You know what? Fuck the rules we'll do what we want". I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were joking, like I do when people speak Ubonics, but for those of you who don't know, Ubonics was made when some slaveowners didn't bother to teach slaves any more english than they needed to, so they mixed certain African languages and English words and pronunciations in order to communicate with one another in their own language (I forgot the name of the language, but it starts with a G). As more and more of the slaves learned English, the language (Wait, I remember now, it's Gulla! The spelling might be a bit off there) eventually developed into Ubonics.
Of course, in a society where you're actually taught how to speak proper English, there's really no excuse for Ubonics. Also, I'm not talking about the ghetto accent, that normally can only be helped over a lot of training, Ubonics is another thing entirely.
Like I said, that was for people who don't know and may just be lurking in the forums, not at most of the regulars here. I hate it when people come to believe historical innacurracies because of a simple misunderstanding, it happens more often than you think.
one question where is vb virginia beach?
What are you talking about? I never go off topic.
It's like when I was at school that one time....
What about it? I'm pretty sure it won't be racist, although there is no known rac in the Continent game <-<
You guys are bad at catching sarcasm lol.
What do you mean? I was taking the sarcasm and rolling with it in my opinion, but feel free to correct me.
Correct you on what?
I was making us go more off topic.
dude comon it's kinda funny. btw sakuni you eva encountered cherry tree yet? (aka cherathi if you didn't know)