Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
2 years after initially publishing Frameshift, winner of the 2017 summer contest, I have republished the story all shiny and new. It is no longer disgustingly buggy and has many new pages and endings, and having slaved over it recently I can finally say I’m confident in its scripting and writing.

So give it a read and enjoy! Frameshift

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Nice, I know you said you were going to finish this but I don't expect you to, you know, actually do it.

Something weird is going on with the link, but I'll try to fix it.

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Fixed. You used the fancy curly quotation marks instead of plain text and the forum got really confused in ways I don't quite understand.

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Thanks! On my phone at atm so I assume that’s what did it.

I’m so glad I’ve finished it and it’s out the way- took so much longer than I expected the script was fucking disgusting lol. Shows you really should’nt leave a story to brew for years and forget what every single variable actually does!

Still, I’m just two comments away from dehelling myself now that’s out the way

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
You seem to have put one URL inside another ... somehow. I'm sure Mizal'll fix it in no time, but still, so I can feel smarter than you, here's a working link.

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
It was mostly fine the way he wrote it, the stuff for the thread address was added by the forum because he used rich text in the link.

I'm not sure why or how it did that but the important thing is that we're still finding cool and exciting new ways the site is broken to add adventure to our lives.

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Hey, is the part where you have to put in a password still supposed to be there? I thought that was just a way to prevent random noobs to read your story before it's ready, not a legit part of the game.
Also, a few comments might need to be deleted. Especially the one with the list of typos. Nobody needs to know they were ever there. ;)

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Yeah the password part is still supposed to be there but I reset it so any password works- I know it’s obsolete but that whole bit with the password fits my main project so I wanted to keep it

True! Hopefully they’ll get buried in useful, constructive comments or i’ll ask a friendly neighbourhood admin to sort them out

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
I can edit in the thing you wrote about the passcode, but you'd have to tell exactly where you want it. There's a lot of html in the description.

Frameshift 2.0 published

4 years ago
Yeah that would be great if you don’t mind. Could you just copy the comment I wrote and put it before the last line please?

The background and text box should automatically adjust in size with extra text and I think if you just add a few br/‘s it should retain the same font stuff