Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago

So I've been tossing around the idea of writing a zombie story in a, similar to our own, alternate reality during the Dark Ages. I'd like to incorporate the black plague in to the outbreak but I'm still ironing out the idea. I haven't seen anything like this on here yet, and I was wondering if there's any interest.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago
I think a lot of us are pretty burned out on zombies, but any attempt to spice up the formula is welcome.

I suppose with the time period you at least don't have to worry about depicting the breakdown of civilization on a global scale, or explain why no one just bombs the hordes.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago

That makes sense. Zombies have been a popular subject for a while now. If anything I might draw inspiration from this idea and expand. Into what, I have no idea. I'm kind of just feeling everything out atm; I haven't wrote in a while.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago
There's interest in just about any story that has a good story. If a story is just about zombies wandering around, there's not much there. If the story is simply how to survive attacking zombies in a new setting where any wrong choice leads to a death, there probably won't be a lot of interest. On the other hand, if you're thinking of writing a story with characters and character development with a beginning, middle, and end; I suspect you will find lots of people interested in that kind of story here.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago

I mean that's always the goal, right? Thanks for putting it into words and lame man's terms though. It's always good to have a reminder.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago

Sounds like the board game Zombicide: Black Plague.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago

What is that? 

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago
I believe it's a board game, called Zombicide: Black Plague.

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago
That doesn't sound right...

Noob Idea want thoughts

4 years ago
That is an expensive board game.