Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

lookin for a co-editor and didn't know where to go

3 years ago

I'm currently working on a pirate adventure game that I just realized is in need of another opinion and help. If anyone would like to volunteer please do so.

3 years ago

also i am an older user i just lost my account

3 years ago

Just reveal what the plot is and what the problem you're having is. There are more people out there who would give you advice than there are people who'll sign up as a co-editor for some project they know nothing about.

3 years ago

well the plot so far is that you are on a ship with no memory of how you got there. It turns out to be a pirate ship and you now have to gain the trust of the crew and stage a mutiny. I had a version already but i lost my account before i could publish it and that's how I remember the plot going. The problem I'm having is going into more detail and building around the plot. I need more path ideas and help typing it out.

3 years ago
It's not too difficult to find someone willing to help you proofread once you have something written, or just to give advice, but most people here are pretty caught up in working on their own projects. Noobs are always asking for co authors, but it's a lot of time and effort to put in for a total unknown that usually ends up going nowhere.

And frankly, the more people working on a project the more work it can be because of communication and organization issues. You're really better off just writing your own story and then coming back to get help at a later stage of it.

The way you're posting is not gonna inspire a lot of confidence either, you really should put a little effort in using proper capitalization, etc. This is a writing site so people take that kind of thing more seriously here than on other places on the internet, and you're going to annoy somebody if you keep that up.

....do you remember what your old account was?