Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Interest check & beta reader request

one year ago

Hey guys!

So a while ago I started working on a project that I intended to have follow the lifetime of a protagonist, while still allowing the player lots of options to choose from in terms of class and how your life played out. Unsurprisingly, this didn't happen--I realized after I'd finished level one that this was going to take a really, really, long time to do, and frankly, just wasn't worth the effort. So I wrote secrets of the crag instead.

I did finish level one, however, and I realized recently that with a few edits, it could easily be turned into a "which RPG class are you?" quiz. I've made the edits, and am now looking for feedback as to how this game works as a quiz instead of a "chapter one" type thing.

I know CYStians typically shun and mock quizzes as low-effort, but I'm hoping that since this quiz plays like a normal storygame, this issue might be avoided.

Here's the storygame

I'd greatly appreciate it if a few people could give it a playthrough and tell me what they think!

one year ago

I'll take a peek when I get home, about to get off work

one year ago

Haven't been able to get all the way through but there is a broken link on one of the pages, I'll mention it in my comment once I finish (because my previous post here was while I was rushed and didn't realize it was probably a state requirement)

one year ago

Oh hey, thanks for your response! Only just saw it. Published now

one year ago

If you find the wolves for Tomas you also find an infinite money glitch.

one year ago

Thanks for letting me know! Should be fixed now.

one year ago
The amount of scripting in here surpasses that found in many full sized games, so I don't think anyone can call it 'low effort' regardless of what they think of quizzes.

one year ago

Very nice, I enjoyed playing that. 

I did find two bugs/anomalies:

1. You keep the cat after "giving" it to Eline so you can just give it to her again and get infinite money.
  2. This might be intentional, but you can only talk to Lisa once. She is the only one in the bar who is like that.