Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

I think I saw a thread somewhere that showed how to put music in at a specific part of my game somewhere, but I can't find it.  If you find it, please tell me.

Also, if you know how to do this, you could just... tell me.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Turn rich text editor off and put this in the page.

<iframe width="1" height="1"
src="(link to youtube video)">
</iframe>

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Thanks!

EDIT:  I'm probably just being a newb(noob) but it's not working.  Anything else?

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

<iframe width="1" height="1" src="(insertURLhere)?autoplay=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Bold is the important part that you need to insert.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Thanks for trying to help!  But I can't do this.  Much too hard.  I am a newb apparently!

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

It's not about being a noob, it's just following instructions haha.
Here's a good vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIabnfvJI8

Just make sure the height and width are 1.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Oh wow!  Thanks!  I actually got that!  I didn't realize how long it took to load the video.  Thanks again!  laugh

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

It's so cool!

MUSIC!!

9 years ago
I fucking hate when music autoplays. If you're going to embed music anywhere in a story or in a post or on your profile, and you don't give me a choice to play or pause - I'm going to think very low of you, and if it's a story, I'm going to rate very low just on the annoyance aspect of automatically playing music.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

That's kinda ironic, considering it was one of your ideas to implement at first.

Still, I hear. Sometimes I leave my volume at it's max, and when music suddenly autoplays it freaks the hell out of me. I wouldn't lower my rating by that much though.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Sorry about this man, but I'm going to keep it in.  And if you do rate it, it's up to you. 

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Can a few people tell how long it takes for the music to begin?  It seems awfully long for me!

Click here to test!

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Seems fine to me.

At least two seconds for my browser to load it up, then one second after to play.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Oh thanks!  It seems like my internet is EXTREMELY slow then!

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

I would put some sort of warning in the description (And maybe an option to turn it off) to avoid making people deaf.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

I'd prefer the music button to be at the top of a page, that way those who don't want to listen to it can just avoid clicking the music on and those that do can turn the music on without scrolling to the very bottom of the page.

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't know how to implement this... *wink wink*  wink

MUSIC!!

9 years ago

Okay.  Now I need help with this idea above.

How can I add a link that disables the music?  And also, is it possible to set the video volume, so that whenever the music plays, it is set at a default volume that I set?

MUSIC!!

9 years ago
You could change the volume of an embedded YouTube video, but it would require using the JavaScript Player API. It didn't work for me when I tried it, but I probably just don't know what I'm doing.