Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Question about scripting

6 years ago

Can you use scripting to alter the text on the next page? For example, if the reader made a choice to speak with Character A over Character B on a previous page, would I be able to change the text that appears on the page depending on who the reader chose to talk to? Would the text have to change in the very beginning of the page or at the end of the page, or can I make it so that the text changes in the middle of the page. Can I change multiple sections of text on one page depending on their choice or is it only possible to change one block of text? If this is possible how would I do this?

Question about scripting

6 years ago
Wrong forum. Pls repost in Advance Editor Forum.

Question about scripting

6 years ago
Moved.

Question about scripting

6 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=3850 explains on page variable text. This is the most flexible way to change the text anywhere. Just have the choice of character A or character B set a variable and then have the on page scripting check for it and display whatever.

Question about scripting

6 years ago
I'm not really clear what you're wanting to do, but if you're looking to change a block of text based on a decision, you can set a variable and then use the pagetext variable as well.