Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/6/2023: Successfully resolved by removing the button.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

When you go on My Stuff and look in the upper right corner, you'll see a link, [switch to edit view]. Interested, I click on it. It moves the list of storygames and adds sections below it meant to be used for "Web Parts," as well as some kind of customization menu on the right. The links "Add Items to MyStuff" and "Customize Items on this Page" lead to the exact same thing, which is an enlarged version of the supposed edit view. The "Reset to Default" link brings up a confirmation popup and then leads me back to the MyStuff page.

My question still stands: what is Edit View used for? There aren't any articles on it and I can't seem to find a use for it. Does it serve a purpose in any way?

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

I've been here for almost two years, and I still have no idea.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago
I do believe this is an InfoPath form/part. With no options to add web parts, it looks like it was going to include options, but those options simply are not visible. The end result appears to be as you mention: nothing at all. It doesn't hurt anything, but the entire "Switch to Edit View" should be removed, IMO.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago
Agreed.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

I also agree.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure it still works for some people. Not me—and I even tried using browsers as old as IE6 and still couldn't get it to work—but some people. I think.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago
Amazing I've been here six years and never once clicked that link, or had the slightest curiosity about it.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

Almost 10 years and same. Lol.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

Whoa -- interesting. That link used to totally work. You could add different web parts so that when you clicked My Stuff, you could basically get summaries about recent comments, forum posts, storygames, etc. I haven't tried to use it in a long time so I had no idea that it had somehow broken.

"Switch to Edit View"

7 years ago

Can you fix it?