Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 9/19/2019: Classic editor has been removed

[Editor] Preview button breaks the classic editor

7 years ago

Ever since a preview button was added to the advanced editor, a similar button popped up in the classic editor (in the row with 'page list', 'game options', etc.). However, clicking on that button while already in the classic editor's preview mode makes a preview pop up, but also links the user to a non-existing, empty page. If the user then tries to access the page list/game options/what not, or tries to edit the page, they receive a message that they broke the editor by linking to a game that does not exist. 

I know the basic editor is the advanced editor's neglected sibling that's locked up in the CYS attic, and it probably won't get updated, but I thought I'd let you guys now. It's also not a really large bug, and you can use the browser's back buttons to go back to the page you were on, but it's probably not supposed to happen, and might lead to lost text if the user doesn't go back through the browser's buttons. I mean, if anyone else besides me still uses the classic editor, that is.