Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Writing Prompts #15

7 years ago

Next prompt is on Tuesday. 

Rules:

1. Pick one of the prompts and write about it for no more than 20 minutes. You can write for longer if you want, but only words written during the 20 minutes count towards your total, so mark where you ran out of time.

2. You will be graded on wordcount and overall coherence. You will not be graded on quality, so write as fast as you can while still producing something that makes sense and would be salvageable with cleanup. It doesn't have to have an ending or form a complete story, but it should at least read like an excerpt from a longer work.

3. When you're done, post your wordcount. Posting your story is optional. We understand it will be terrible.

4. You may go back and work on previous days if you missed them.

5. You may write fanfiction if your heart desires.

Prompt #1: A mage summons a demon for a surprisingly mundane, but still nefarious, purpose.

Prompt #2: John F. Kennedy riding a mean-looking robo-unicorn on the moon, having recently shanked some aliens

@WouldntItBeNice @Steve24833 @JJJ-thebanisher @Seto @bbshark @Bucky @mizal @FrankIevatus @TheNewIAP @Romulus @TacocaT @Crescentstar @Mayana @Zulutrader @MasonJarGuzzi @Ogre11 @malkalack @Charaxes @Raven47

Writing Prompts #15

7 years ago

486 words: I couldn't help but take the first promt.

"I am death. The destroyer of souls." you roar as you crush the final skull between your fingers. It emits a serene pop as your hand is covered in... not much really. This mason's apprentice  didn't have much of a brain in him.

You nod at your summoner. He waves his hand. You are no longer under his sway, so you descend up into the heavenly abyss that you call home. It's a very cozy place, for the molten magma and freezing fires create a nice balance between freezing and boiling. You recline in your chair made from the skulls of countless worthy foes who you vanquished in battle. You close your eyes. It's about time for a...

The feel the itch. Who would want you now? You transcend into a realm that you have found rather exciting over the years. Last time you checked, their monarch had some very interesting choices in concubines that even you would not take delight in.

For theatric effect, you choose to take your hulking red form as you materialize before your mighty summoner... Damn it. Seeing the being at only your knees' height, you shrink to a diminutive seven skulls tall.

"What is your bidding, my master?" perhaps her looks are deceiving.
"I want you to wreck my friend's tea party." Damn this situation even more.
"As you wish. How shall I kill them?"
"No! Don't hurt them! Ruin their party. They are so mean! I am nice to them, but they don't like me. They will have to pay in the worstest way."

You examine the girl. She must be no more than six winters old though she summoned you... She'll be utter Hell when she hits puberty. Half the world would be destroyed.

"As you wish." you say. "I will not harm them. Where are they?"
"They are in the room next to the ball room."
"Where is the ball room?"
"By the stairs that Daddy takes."
"Can you just lead me there."
"You aren't smart mister. I will."

She takes you by the hand and slowly (so slowly!) walks you down the hallway. Now wanting to cause a scene, you become invisible to all but the girl. After ten agonizing minutes, she stops in front of a door and stares at it. Taking the cue, you become invisible and small down the pathetic wooden barrier.

Six girls scream as you charge forwards. You grab the table and fling it into the chandelier. You mercilessly spill the tea on lavish carpets. You pound the crumpets into a gory pulp. Glancing at the cowering girls, you let out a bloodcurdling "roar!" They run away not even noticing your summoner.

"You may go now. Thanks, mister." She wavers her hand. You are free once again.

Instead you walk over to the girl. At first she is frightened, but her fear disappears when you kneel beside her.

"Miss." you say, "I have a word of advice. If you want friends, do not send demons at them."
"Shucks, really? Are you sure?"
"Trust me. I'm experienced in these types of things."
"Oh thank you mister..."
"You can call me Douglass."
"Thank you, Douglass."
"Goodbye, little girl."

Then you descend up to your home once again... What an odd day this became.