Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Poetry Prompts Interest Thread

7 years ago

Given the amount of entries in last month's ballad contest, and the creation of this spiffy, new creative corner, I was wondering if people would be interested in weekly poetry prompts. Similar to the writing prompts, I'm thinking of giving a prompt each week about a certain topic to write about. Additionally, I'll give an optional requirement that deals with the more technical aspects of writing poetry, like meter, rhyme, or form, together with a brief explanation of what it entails. 

For the more competitive among you, I'll be keeping scores based on your submissions. Basically, a completed prompt is one prompt, fulfilling the additional requirement gives you another one. These scores don't have any real value, but will earn you bragging rights, and the ever-important right to look down on those with lower scores. 

Let me know down below if you're interested/want to be tagged.

7 years ago

I'm interested, please tag me if you start this.

This also reminds me to do those writing prompts that I've been putting off...

7 years ago

Yeah, tag me for dis please :D Though that rids of me using poetry as an excuse for writing a prompt in Seto's thread xD

7 years ago

I'm nobody's poet but tag me anyway. I'll be the entry that everyone else can laugh at.

7 years ago

Yeah! People to laugh and yell taunts at!! >:D

Hey, I really liked your ballad. :3 I think you'll do great!

7 years ago

R-really? Omg a compliment! I love you, please marry me! Thank you, I'll try my best!

7 years ago

B-but weren't you married to Minnie?  Oh, never mind. I wish to derail no more threads. I shall PM you about our... marriage... things.

7 years ago
Going to be pretty busy this coming week but tag me anyway.

7 years ago

I guess I'm interested.

7 years ago
My ballad was bad, but tag me anyways. Thank you, this should be interesting, boath to read and write.

7 years ago

Okay, great that there are actually people interested. I'll put the first one up somewhere over the course of this weekend.