Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/23676

Multiple Scripts open and Double On Page Script

6 years ago
I think it would be useful to be able to have more than one set of script open at a time (e.g: the global script and a certain page script), instead of the current system of shutting down whatever script window you were on (if you had one open) and replacing it with the most recently clicked script. Useful for copy and pasting scripts across and comparing them. Also, it stops you accidentally deleting a load of script when you click on another script link, which I've done too many times now.

Also, while I didn't think it would actually be very useful at first, I did notice that On Page script inside more On Page script would be really useful. In my last story, I had to copy and paste a fair amount of content onto pages and make minor changes which double on page script could have fixed. I'd suggest using '$' symbols, which might look something like: %%VAR1%=%X%SOME TEXT HERE SPLIT INTO SECTIONS $$VAR2$=$Y$OTHER TEXT$$$$VAR2$=$Z$ALTERNATIVE TEXT$$ CONTINUATION FROM FIRST SPLIT%% I think this would be especially useful for butterfly effect stories.