Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Alter Ego

9 years ago

http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

Play out your life until you die.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

There have been a lot of threads discussing this ;p

I played it on Android last year.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Oh. Didn't know. pretty good game though.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

This was the very first CYOA i ever played, its quite awesome i must say.
:D

Alter Ego

9 years ago

1st Death: Died from heart attack on a baseball field as an old man.

2nd Death: Died from... well, I'm not actually sure. But I do know I died once before my third time.

3rd Death: Died in my sleep from a full and long life.

These were all so long ago of course. But the game is quite fun.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Did you got the pedophile event?

Alter Ego

9 years ago

That son of a bitch has murdered me like 5 times...

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I love becoming an adulterating, whore mongering, drug addict in this game.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

It's funny when you go to prison for arson for a couple years and then when you come out the game asks you if you have finally learned your lesson.

I chose no and I think it said something like, "I didn't think you would."

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I haven't discovered that part yet! Where do you get the option?

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I forget, I think it's in adulthood and I got into an argument with a salesperson at a store I believe. I got the option to go back to the place at night and burn the business to the ground. Lol.

I was playing a pretty rotten character on that play through, shortly after the jail thing I actually got lucky and created a sandwich that made me a millionaire.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I almost always go with the calm intellectual approach but as a result my health get really bad, i died at least 4 or 5 times on the elder softball team. lol

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Someone on another forum I was on, said they were looking through the coding of that scenario and there was always a 50/50 chance you die on the baseball field. I just avoid it by not going to play the game.

One cool death I got once was the road rage scenario. Some guy cuts you off and you can go chasing him down in your car. Ultimately the other driver gets out, pulls a gun and shoots you.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

That 50/50 chance is independent whether you are fit or not? damn.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I both love and hate Alter Ego. I love it in that, for a while, it gave me my fix of interactive fiction. I hate it in that it is overly remniscient of The Sims, has some wonky choices and consequences, etc.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

The Sims is definitely more fun than any text-based Sims could possibly be, because you actually get to see and hear the infernal chaos you're causing rather than reading about it.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

The Sims had an odd feel to it, with its transportation system and just...general...weird shit.

Also, it made me question whether my life is real.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

'Tis a shame how Sims 4 seems to have turned out.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

The Sims 4 was bad?

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I haven't played it, but from the videos I've seen, it looks really bad compared to Sims 3.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Better stick to The Sims 2 then. :/

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Looks like a lot of reviews are saying it's still glitchy and it seems to lack features and content that were in Sims 3.

I imagine EA is just following the business plan of creating a million expansions to provide all the "missing" content to milk the cash cow.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Yea, like they did with The Sims 3? and The Sims 2? and The Sims 1?
TO but the entire collection of expansion packs plus The Sims 3 you would need to pay around 500 dollars, that´s completely absurd. And worse even, im certain that some people were stupid enough to pay for this mockery to the fanbase.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Gaming companies are just completely retarded this year.

EA: Hey guys, here's the Sims three with blockier graphics and a slightly different set of features! Here's a shinier version of the Soccer video game we created last year! Give us money because the stuff you have right now is totally outdated and unprofitable!

Nintendo: Here kids, have another slightly different Super Smash Bros, another somewhat unique Zelda, another clone of the last Mario game, and another Metroi-... Uhh, I mean, nevermind.

Sega: Golly gee, I sure am glad I didn't  buy into any of that silly "Next Gen Console" bologne! Yup!... I sure am glad I made peace with good ol' nintendo, too!.... I'm glad the critics ignore my games, too. They can be such meanie-pantses!.... WAAAGH! I'M SO FUCKING LONELY! HELLP MEEE!!! 

Microsoft: FUCK SONY! SONY IS A HEATHEN! DON'T TRUST THAT ROTTEN PIECE OF SHIT WITH YOUR MONEY!

Sony: FUCK MICROSOFT! MICROSOFT IS A RETARDED JACKASS! DON'T TRUST THAT FUCKING DOUCHEBAG WITH YOUR MONEY!

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Don't forget Mojang.

"We're trying to make our playerbase hate us while making our legal info completely different and annoying."

The new EULA + Bukkit breakdown + Microsoft = bad.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Moo.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I love the Sims too, because sometimes things you totally didn't expect happen, and it's beautiful.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Who wrote that? Some of these questions are based on various psychology psychometric tests.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

Peter J. Favaro I believe.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I think this was written by someone studying human development, Erikson stages, all that. How cool and creative.

EDIT: Now that I am further in, I would have to say the author also has particular and rigid beliefs about human development and how one should progress.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I think he was a psychologist or something, not sure.

What I know though is that he interviewed people and asked them about things from their lives that have "stuck them". It's an extremely nice concept and I'm thinking about picking it up and re-making it (with my own touch of course).

Gotta find a coder first though 

Alter Ego

9 years ago

The coder  talked about it somewhere online.  That he couldn't make an update to add all the stuff people wanted because he didn't write the scenarios.

Alter Ego

9 years ago

I think it is in the game's FAQ but his excuse was that there wasn't enough time for most of it (especially the homosexual lines)

Anyway, does anyone else think that the Early Adulthood phase is broken? Getting a degree needs you to take 12 college expriences but you can only have like less than 20... meaning you really don't do much