Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

The vanishing pictures...

9 years ago

Hi folks, still slogging away getting my story done.

Problems are arising that my pictures being inserted into the text box vanish once I start working on the story further down the line so to speak.

It's like I put some pictures in at the very start of the story at the intro and first few pages, I go to add some more to the story further on. When I go back to the start of the story to preview it etc... The pictures have vanished!

Am I wrong to add pictures like this? Should I wait until all the pages are finished before doing so?

9 years ago

It's a glitch that I HATE with every fragment of my being. I won't even publish my main project until it's fixed because THE ONLY WAY to keep the damn things from self-deleting is to NEVER EDIT THE PAGE AGAIN. I can only imagine what a cosmic pain in the ass it must be for people who want to post multiple pictures on one page... If the Hexagon Game author, Peterpears, and this glitch were all one being, I would waste no time in concentrating my incredible hate into burning hate lasers of death.

9 years ago
I'm sure if I had such problems I would be quite frustrated as well...

9 years ago

The creator of the Hexagon game is Terry Cavanagh. 

I know him from a game dev chatroom. I'm a game dev too.

9 years ago

Tell him he has no talent and that the Hexagon Game was an insult to the genre.

9 years ago

No talent? try playing another one of his works, Maverick Bird.

9 years ago

Well, maybe he should have written something like Maverick Bird then and not wasted our fucking time with that piece of fucking shit, the asswipe.

9 years ago

Glad to see your hatred for Hexagon guy and Mr. Pears is still burning as brightly as ever.

9 years ago

Bah, Pears is but a gag compared to the other guy, I'm STILL offended by whatshisface the Polygon-head.

*Google*

Maverick Bird isn't even a fucking CYOA, it's a Flappy Bird Clone for blind people. Haven't blind people suffered enough without having to play that fucking game!? Agh, dammit, I hate that guy.

9 years ago

try to beat my score of 83 in Maverick Bird.  It's not hard, it only took me 20 seconds or so.

9 years ago

It only happens within the Rich Text Editor.  If you're working with the RTE disabled in your profile your pictures are safe, but you have to use markup and the page preview link to view your work.

9 years ago

I see, I'll try that.