Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 1/7/2015: If you want feedback on your game, turn on Sneak Preview and link to it in the Writing Workshop.

Demo's

9 years ago

How would it be if we could publish a DEMO story game(Earning no points) and in the meantime, working on it? It's like a pre-release thing, And when the real games published, it would still be on the top of the newly created story game list?

Demo's

9 years ago

It's called sneak preview.

Demo's

9 years ago

I know, but it still can't do the thing same like publishing. You need a reader to do certain amount of things before they could read your story, but I would want it to be clickable normally like published storygames.

Demo's

9 years ago

We can't have a bunch of demos in the new story game section that stay there and don't get rotated out. It would cause many story games to get less then a day in the new story game section, or maybe they don't get in at all. There is a limited number of story games allowed in the new story game section at a time, and if it is cluttered with demos, then it's not really a new story game section anymore.

It could also put cys in a bad light if we have a whole bunch of unfinished games out in the open for people to click on and play but not have the story finished, we already get a few of those, and they are unpublished asap. It is bad enough that we get a bunch of troll games, and enough WC games that some people think that we are a troll site or are centering around WC games instead of diversity in story plots.

So, before you argue that we could make a new section for demos or something else, please keep in mind my argument above and that some people will greatly dislike you for this if it is implemented, and will ask for it to be taken down again. Technically, we could make a new section for demos, but if we dedicate an entire section to unfinished story games, then again, my argument about putting cys in a bad light.

Demo's

9 years ago

You can always link to your story in your profile or in the forums if you want to make it easier for people to preview it before it's published.

Demo's

9 years ago

You can't work on a story once it's been published without unpublishing it.

Taco's right- Sneak preview already exists for letting people play an unfinished game. I'm unclear as to what you think readers can only do with a published game that they couldn't do with a sneak preview?

Your comments about "still being at the top of the new story games page" lead me to think that what you want is for your story to stay at the top of the page so everyone plays it.

This isn't like a fanfic journal.  The point is not for you to come out with a new "chapter" every week.

Demo's

9 years ago

When I said "on the top" I mean when it is real published. I mean published, not just every time you update the demo, and it doesn't need to be filtered by time, it could be filtered randomly. 

Demo's

9 years ago

Well...

There could be a new page in the 'storygames' section (modern, Fantasy ect.) called demos, but you can add someone as a co-author and tell them to test your game.

It seems like a cool idea...