Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago

Just wondering, how many pages you can produce per day overall for your storygames?

During school days, it's always 1-3 page(s) per day. But on weekends, I tens to get even more pages to be done, probably 3-10 pages.

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago
Honestly, I have a hard time with the concept of a "page" at CYS. I am more used to page counts with full pages of text, something like 250 words per page (double-spaced). But in CYS, if I have a short paragraph that leads to two choices, does that count as a page? How can that count if there is another page that is 400 words? And CYS has so much more than just pages because you have to consider choices. When I am writing a "page," does writing that page include coming up with the number of choices that are available on that page, determining the actual choices, and then writing each choice? And what about when a choice leads back to a page that's already done? And that doesn't even get into things like items, item scripts, item actions, variables, and other scripts!

So I don't know. It also depends on the story because some stories I write focus on a solid page length and choices. Some have more game elements that take a lot more time to setup and implement. And, of course, it depends on how tired my muse is that day... :)

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago

It depends on the scenes and stuff for me. If it's just having a conversation or picking up items, the length will be just a paragraph or two.

Flashback on the character's past times combined with the stuff (s)he's doing at the moment usually make up for the longest pages.

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago

Depends on how text-heavy or script-heavy the pages are. :P I

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago
RIP Kiel. I'll finish that post for y

How Many Pages per Day?

8 years ago

I do it differently than most I presume. I get 15-20 pages an hour if I know the flow of my story and it's choices. I summarize each page first through the entirety of the story from beginning to every end. Then I'll go back and fix it up, making it look pretty. And since I know what each page will contain, it takes only a few minutes per page to spice it up and ready to read. However, I am far less active than most on the site creating stories.