Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Reading the course syllabus is important

8 years ago

So I just learned that I have to submit to a literary magazine for my Creative Writing Seminar class. I'm completely freaking out. I really should have read the class syllabus better.

I don't know if my work is ever going to be good enough for me to consider submitting to a literary magazine. 

8 years ago

You don't have to get it published, so why stress? Do your best, submit it, and move on :)

8 years ago

3J's right. Besides, trust me, worse things than whatever you could possibly come up with have been published and given to the general public.

8 years ago
And letting go and putting that first submission out there is the biggest step you will ever take to being a writer or actually getting anything published!

8 years ago

Trust me, it's not as scary as you think it is XD It's not like they're going to critique it, they're just going to read it and see if it's good enough for publishing. If not, well, it just means you can improve; if so, YOU GOT SOMETHING FUCKING PUBLISHED!

Regardless, you've made a submission, so don't sweat it. Considering you're a member of this site, I can guarantee you'll do fine! :P 

8 years ago

Have faith in yourself. Besides, failure is just a means of getting better.