Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

What Would You Want in a WWIII Themed Story

8 years ago

Hi! I am writing a WWIII themed story/series and would like your opinions. What would you want in a story like this? History? Violence? Pictures? Etc...

8 years ago

Well I guess history can't really be an option since it hasn't happened yet. Unless you're talking about referencing the first two world wars.

And as far as what I would like to see in a story like this: I don't really know. Maybe you could provide us with the information you have on the story atm to help us see what kind of story it is, thus work off of that.

8 years ago
I want massive nuclear wastelands and fucked up mutations that aren't even a sadist's worst nightmares. :p

In all honesty, though, I want length and good writing and stuff. As to actual content... I don't know.

8 years ago
For a WW3 setting, I'd like to see a main protagonist being a hired killer instead of working for a faction. Or maybe a double agent or rogue soldier.

8 years ago
Violence and history

8 years ago

Thanks for your opinions everyone! 

8 years ago
Lots of stuff blowing up would seem to make sense here...

8 years ago

Shocking images. Modern genocide. National Monuments falling. Alliances. Betrayal. Destruction. More Destruction. Casualties. Heartbreak. Badass operations. Political Warfare. No history, that shits boring. Make new history.

And I want some badass operatives, too.

8 years ago

Good writing (in the technical sense) and strong characters with believable motivations, No large font text.

8 years ago
And a romance, just to keep things interesting.