Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

I've probably contributed to, or created a thread like this before. Oh, well.

After spending some time on the Reddit subforum, r/nosleep (https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/) I am and have been interested in any true and scary, stories you guys have.

This is one of mine. I don't think I've ever actually written this story out, but I have told it to others verbally.

Around 4-6 years ago in the summer going into sixth grade or so, I was going to my first year of pre-teen camp. You see, my church is a part of an international body named the ICOC or International Church of Christ. I go to the CVCC or, Central Valley Church of Christ. So, our sister Church in Las Angeles runs this camp up in Idllywild, inviting all the churches from the regional area. I drove up in a caravan with a group of the kids and adults who were going to camp (either as campers or counselors.) The camp is up in the mountains in a forested area. The most notable landmark is a large and visible mountain seemingly accessible by wandering the forest.

This information may seem irrelevant, but is important to the story.

So, my friend Andrew and I were separated from the other boys from our group and were put in a cabin with people we had never met before, which was not a bad thing as Andrew and I made friends quickly. The other guys we knew were literally right across from us.

One night, Andrew and I were invited by the friends we came with to come into their cabin to listen to their counselor tell scary stories. Andrew didn't feel very good, so declined.  No one else in my cabin went to the other cabin or even knew the stories we were told.

Their counselor told a handful of tales, but the one important is one about a child named Carmen Wensdy.

The story goes that at the same exact camp site, was a child named Carmen Wensdy. Carmen was an average kid who, like many other boys was very curious, and had a strong sense of adventure. So, during his free time would wander the woods. However, he had climbed up the tallest and closest mountain, and could overlook the forest. He saw that the sun was beginning to set.

Carmen, afraid people would soon be aware that he was gone began to make his way down the mountain. However, as he was mesmerized by the glorious view of the sunset, he lost his sense of direction. So, it is said he went down the wrong side of the mountain.

The kid soon became lost, as the sun went down. The temperature soon dropped, and he became very cold and hungry. Luckily, he saw a light off in the distance. He went to inspect the light, finding it was electric lights from inside a small cottage.

Hungry, cold, and with low morale, Carmen Wensdy knocked on the wooden door. An elderly hermit answered the door and welcomed him in, serving him food, and providing him with a place to sleep for the night.

Little did Carmen know that the old hermit was an active Satanist. And, while he slept the old man killed him and sacrificed him to Satan.

It is now said that Carmen's soul wandered back to the campsite, now a vessel of evil. The story goes that if you will hear a soft tapping on your window, and look to the sound, you'll see his ghastly face grinning and He'll kill anyone who looks. But, if you don't look to the window, you'll feel a cold rush of air and he'll tap you three times on the shoulder. So, if you look, the same result will occur.

So, back to real life. After that story, he sent us off to bed. I went back to my cabin and goofed off with the other guys until our counselors said it was time for lights out. (Note that no one else went to the story telling, so none of them would know.) Every one went to sleep, including me.

I woke up in the middle of the night, with no idea what time it was. Everyone on the cabin was asleep. I was laying in my sleeping bag, facing the wall. I stared at the wall for a short moment and felt a chilling breeze. I didn't pay it much attention, as we were up in the cold forested mountains, and most of cabins were old and drafty. Then, without a single doubt, I felt a finger tap me on the shoulder three times.

My mind shot back to the story I heard. He'll tap you three times. I was scared out of my mind, and didn't dare move. I sunk deeper into my sleeping bag, and shut my eyes closed. I prayed over and over in my mind for protection. That was probably the scariest night of my entire life.

In the morning, I woke up and asked if anyone messed with me or anyone else last night. No one said they did or gave any signal that would say so.

So, that was my most vivid, and chilling experience with the unexplained.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

I always see my reflection move a bit in the mirror when I look away. One of these days I'm going to be pulled in.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/18321

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

*Ripped from the last thread*

*ahem*

Once upon a midnight dreary three years ago, I was staying at home alone. My parents were out shopping and I was left with my dog while I was on my computer. About twenty or so minutes after they had been gone, and I swear to God I'm not making this up, I heard the sound of paper being crumpled in my dad's bedroom which was in the back... Which I was facing away from. I went on with my business, but I just kept hearing that paper crumpling and I knew (or thought) something was up. I tried to ignore it, figuring I'd tell my parents when they came back and I did, hearing the paper crumpling until my parents got home. I told my dad, and he said something along the lines of: "I've been hearing it too..." Before just going off. I heard that paper crumpling noise every time I was alone in the house until we moved at the beginning of the year, then I never heard it again.

Pretty anti-climactic, I know, but there's really nothing else to the story. Probably not really scary, either, but for an 11 year old, the thought of someone in your house while you're home alone with your fat, lazy dog is horriying.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

I've had nightmares of a figure who will either pursue me or try to discourage me in such things as my faith. When I was little it was ghosts (bed sheet variety), then a figure in a Scream costume, now it's always almost completely see through, or it's a telepathic sort of thing. (one was even one of those you have when you're extremely tired but not asleep.)

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

A lot of times when I go to the funeral/house of a good friend/family member that's died, I either dream about or catch a specific figure out of the corner of my eye. White dress shirt, black dress pants, white nikes, and head/hands either obscured or not there at all. I never see him for more than a second before I blink and he's gone.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago
So. Do you think the Carmen is real?

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

I sure felt someone tapping me that night. I do believe in the paranormal, so I'm sure little Wensdy's story had some truth to it.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

Sounds like the kind of thing just made up to scare people at a Church Camp. Actual Satanists do consensual rituals because, well, if the whole point of the sacrifice was to make someone more aligned with the devil, then it would be kinda useless if the sacrifice was decidedly not on his side, wouldn't it? How would murdering someone in their sleep turn a kid into a murderdemon? If you experienced an actual event, it definitely wasn't a sacrificed kid, or at least it wasn't the one in this story.

Spooky Experiences?

7 years ago

Hey, it was just a story. It's not like I believe every aspect of it. All I really know is, I was told a ghost story, and I was tapped on the shoulder in the middle of the night.