Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

"Gay" OK? (Moved)

18 years ago
Don't refer to it as a 'gay game', if you mean a bad game. Using the term gay for something that's stupid is just... stupid. It's prejudice against gays. If it's feminine say that, but if you mean a dumb game, than say a dumb game...

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Stop lecturing me.  Your not my mamma, dadda or teacher.  Its a "figure" of speech.  Not to be taken personnaly.  I got nothin against gays, btw: are you one?

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Bisexual...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

My sister made an okay game in less than 90 minutes but had to publish it the next day.  She was only on for 3 days or something.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Well, mabey I'm try-ing to say that we are off subject here.

90MINLIM

18 years ago

your sis did make a decent first game havy. she should get back on. she was very nice and respectful. lol something we could use more of in this world.

nate

90MINLIM

18 years ago

I agree that using gay is innapropriate in this sense; I find it offensive. I have deleted comments that say things like "this game is gay."

Please use the following synonyms in it's place: stupid, pointless, rediculous, absurd, foolish, crazy, dumb, obsene, outrageous, and so on ...

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Yes I totally agree. Calling other peoples games gay is not good.

90MINLIM

18 years ago

Fear:  Gay is not offensive

Alex:  I totally agree.  Use these synonys for gay: stupid, pointless, rediculous, ect.

Me:  I think that is a contradicting sentece Alex.

I think there was a Communication Breakdown

18 years ago
I never said that 'Gay' was offensive. I said that if you use the term 'gay' in a negative way, then that's offensive to gays.

18 years ago
If you read it, it says you say that GAY isn't offensive and Alex toattly agrees.  He says to use some synonyms.

18 years ago
NO he says INSTEAD, and he means instead of using Gay as a bad word because its not, use these.

18 years ago

If you look at it closely it says:  Don't put in a comment:  "This game is gay"

Instead, use one of these similies:  idiotic, pointless, dumb, crazy, wierd, ect.

Basically that is saying that gay people are all of those things, which they aren't.

I have a bisexual in my shcool.  Where do you live fear?

18 years ago
Is this by a jew?

18 years ago
What do you mean by that....? I'm a jew....

18 years ago
Lol, NY, not Nebraska... I haven't come out in my school yet...

18 years ago
No Alex is saying to replace gay with those words, but he meant it like: "Because gay IS offensive, use these words:..."

18 years ago
If he/she was a jew then it would be more chance of being you...

18 years ago
I'm a male Cristian.  Who are you talking about JJJ?

18 years ago
Christians can be BY as well, Diamond doorknob.  I was talking to fear.

18 years ago

Somewhere in the bible says that being gay is a sin...

I don't know what that is about.  (Hey, I can awnser another question on Happyness Test now)

18 years ago
Wow, uhh.  What can I say about that, that won't offend you?

18 years ago
I haven't read the bible, but people do say that.

18 years ago

Ya, thats uhh.  How do I put this?  Against my religion? (Athiesm).

18 years ago
You don't believe in a religion.  Since it is something I don't care (what other peoples' religions are) about, I just won't care.

18 years ago

They say that the easiest way to become an athiest is to read the bible. So, be careful if you ever take the time to read it. The passage you are looking for is somewhere in Leviticus 20, where it says that lying with another man is punishable by death.

But then again, so is a whole bunch of other stuff. Off the top of my head, biblical law commands you to stone to death: your children (if they diss you), people who work on the sabbath, and those who wear clothes with two fabrics (like, cotton/polyester blends).

18 years ago

ummm, it also says that all the animals lived together with no death or killing. AT ONE TIME. the point here being that while those things may or may not be (id be interested if someone could find those things for me. lol)  in the old testament things changed after the birth of Christ. the law of Moses said "an eye for an eye". Christ taught differently. There is a transition that people want to forget about.

while im not a bible thumper i will say that people should read it all before they judge it. i havent read the Davinci code, and so i cant judge it.

nate

ps. merry CHRISTmas to all.

18 years ago
Wow, I'm going to move this.  Anyways, many of those things seem very very small and miniscular in today's world.  I think that law changes all the time.  At one time blacks were considered bad.  Now they are considered equals.  What seemed like good laws then might be bad or silly laws now.  Mabey some things in the bible are that way.

18 years ago
Wow, according to Christianity I should be Stoned! HAHAHAHA

18 years ago
I don't know where you come from, but in the US and some other places there are still many, many racists against many minorities...

18 years ago
Yes, I know.  I am from US.  Many many people are harsh on many people.  Take rappers for example.  Most parents hate them...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

i agree that people need to get over using gay to describe things. we are supposed to be writers here. if we cant come up with something more creative to say then we really need to work on broadening our vocabulary.

nate

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Meh, the forums arn't where I put my creativity, I like to save it. :)

90MINLIM

18 years ago
where the hell did havac think that there was a contradiction in that sentence? what the hell? anyways, i know its old but i havent been on in a week or so, my computer crashed...again...meh... anyways, there are many unforgivable sins we commit every day.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Only if your Christian.

90MINLIM

18 years ago

only if you are christian can you commit an unforgivable sin?!?!?! so Osama Bin Laden is not guilty? Hitler is forgivable? Son of Sam is ok? you dont have to be christian just to commit an unforgivable sin.

nate

90MINLIM

18 years ago

Well "Sin" goes with religion does it not?  It could eb crime, I guess.  But no, If I don't believe in Christianity then I'm not bound by its laws.  I am still bound by the laws of the state but never mix state and erligion!  Are you "trying" to convert me or something?

1. Osama is guilty. Not for sinning but for terrorism.
2. Hitler is probably forgiven by some people.  He's still Glty though.
3.  I dun even know who sun of sam is...

90MINLIM

18 years ago
I kinda Agree with JJJ for once

90MINLIM

18 years ago
dude, sin is in all religions except athiests, and that is because they do not believe in god, so if there is no god, whats a sin for...right... so a sin is in all religions:

dude, terrorism, he murdered/killed/ended life of one or more person
hitler murderd/killed/ended life of one or more person
dont know either,, but sounds familiar...meh...

anyways you do not need to be christian to commit an unforgivable sin, either way my point still stands true.

90MINLIM

18 years ago

Though you certainly used "sin" as a colliqualism, one should note that Sin (unlike Law) is in the eye of the beholder. Many Islamists do not consider what terrorists do a sin at all ...

90MINLIM

18 years ago
i am a muslim myself and i do understand that. But that is what THEY 'consider'. Since this is muslims we are talking about:
the Qu'ran says that if you take another human beings life, you will not go to heaven/be with god etc. this is a sin.

Terrorists kill to make a point but there are other ways to make a point than to kill.

90MINLIM

18 years ago

ill be the first to show my ignorance about muslim, but hopefully ill show my willingness to learn too...

i thought the belief was that doing something like what the terrorists are doing (killing in the name of their god) was a great thing, in their belief? from what i read in your post you are saying that they are wrong in their own faith too?

nate

90MINLIM

18 years ago
that is in MY opinion though, i believe what they do is wrong.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
I think there is a universal morality issue about killing... an unspoken law...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

Consider that there is a large difference between Muslims and Islamists. Muslims (like solostrike) follow the teachings of Mohammad as documented in the Koran and other sacred texts, attend mosque, make the pilgrimage to Mecca, etc.

Islamists are Muslims who believe that the world must live under Shari'a (Islamic Law). The Taliban were Islamists and forced Sharia in Afghanistan -- as I'm sure most Americans saw after 9/11. It's pretty rediculous - from no women rights to no dancing or music - and miserable for just about everyone, especially in the modern world.

Osama bin Laden is an Islamist (Wahhabist to be exact) but, despite what the Bush administration preaches, this had nothing to do with his motivations to attack the US. The primary motivation for the Sept 11th attacks were the US military bases in Saudi Arabia. By claiming it to be "because they hate freedom," it made it much easier for the government to cave to the demands and withdraw troops in 2003.

I don't condone terrorism at all, but it works. You can never win a war against people who are willing to attack civilians and kill themselves for their cause. All you can do is listen to what the want and comprimise.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
yes, and there are two different types of muslims:

sunnys (pronounced "soonies")
sh'aits (pronounced "she-ight")

there are different beliefs within those two. One follows one leader while another follows another while both believe in prophet mohammad

90MINLIM

18 years ago
The sole purpose of religion is to restrian the masses. Whether there is a all powerful being or not, I don't know, but the thing about religion is it enforces morality. Do thing that if there is an almighty that it would care about religion. The followers of a religion or not, I don't think the almighty would want ANYONE to die unnaturally....

90MINLIM

18 years ago

the sole purpose of religion is to restrain the masses!?!?!?! come on dude, we christians dont all live in a convent or monastery. theres more to faith and religion/spirituality than restraint. im not a christian just to keep me out of trouble. im not mad or anything. however, i think you need to retract that statement and think a little deeper next time. you have always been a solid voice around here but this one just might be a slip from you. please think a little more next time.

thanks.

nate flesh

90MINLIM

18 years ago

I didn't mean offence... I made a mistake. I phrased it wrong.Okay, the SOLE purpose of religion is spiritual enlightenment. But what I meant is that through religion the 'penholders' can tell us what to do... ex: President Gee Dubya Bush of the US, often uses speaking with God and refers to the bible in his speeches against gay marriage. Therefore, through spiritual movement, he is telling the people who put faith in religion what to do; i.e. controlling the masses.

Secondly, I'm not sure if there is an all powerful omnipotnt being or not, but I am convinced, that this being, did not create the bible.  If the being is sooooo out of our league, then it probalby wouldn't speak through toungue, nor pen directly with man. This being said, it is evident that hte bible was a human creation, maybe the influences were inhuman, but the actual writing of it was human. And the whole point of religion is belief, am I right. I mean, you can't have a religion without an opinion. So therefore, the people who wrote the bible had the power to control the masses by telling us what is right and wrong.

The issue of morality is opinionated, some people  (i.e Hitler) think that the killing of the jews is virtuous and noble cause. The issue of religion is mainly an idea of influence to give us some guidlines... don't do this, do that, etc. on how to live our lives... take a look at most religious texts...  ovwer all they tell us what is right, and what is wrong. Now, I'm so sorry if I offended you or anyone Nate (and your point is definetely valid... religion is not about controlling the masses), but I think that one of the major reasons religions/spiritual influences were created was to keep people in the right, and that would be like controlling them. But tho controlling is a  harsh word, it's like telling them what to do, and not NESSACERILY controlling them, but turning them in what is their opinion of  the 'right direction'.

What do you think?

Jay...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

But as I said, THE MAIN reason for religion is spiritual enlightenment... it takes on a philisophical and reassuring form, such as aincent greeks tried to explain phenomenon through religion.... same as the Native Americans...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

well, while i still disagree about faith and so forth, i see that you have thought more about this topic and im glad. you, as i said before, have always been a strong voice around here. im glad to see you have put more thought into it. now, can we just drop this whole faith conversation and get back to making games? lol

nate

90MINLIM

18 years ago

True, we should be making games currently. I'm just glad that we can agree to disagree. It's quite possible that we could go on arguing forever, but that wouldn't be much fun. We both disagree, and we can respect eachother's opinion, and drop it. That's the best part. You've also been a strong voice around here...

Jay

90MINLIM

18 years ago
religion adn politics are both topics that i hate discussing and not something that should be discussed right now. There is too much controversy.

Do you mind if i delete this? or leave it? (the whole entire post)

90MINLIM

18 years ago
This is a strong strong topic!  I would keep it.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Your rgiht, we shouldn't discuss such things with so much diversity in views... but leave it anyway.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
The Son of Sam was a murderer... I think...

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Lolz... I think he meant that Hitler didn't think of it as an 'unforgivable sin'. I don't like the word sin tho... it's pretty ugly.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
like gore?
not for me...

90MINLIM

18 years ago

first i would just like to say.thanks for the comments in the beginning. they were so sweet.

second it seems everyone has there own religion, opion, ect..... we should all just get alonge. maybe try some of the ideas. ya well there is an idea. but ya like i said everyone is different and if you affend them then u affened them. I dont think it is really nice to do that.  we would have a better wrold if we didnt fight. think about it.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
fighting is human nature.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
true but y do it here. do it somewhere else. this could be a peaceful website.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
How long does this stupid conversation go for!!!!!!!!

90MINLIM

18 years ago

Hey everyone, this conversation has no place in the lounge. I think that people preaching and complaining about Religion (I'm a Christian by the way, just so I don't sound like I am being biast). I think we should all agree that dissing religions should be left out of the forums out shoved into games instead. Anybody with half a brain will agree. Oh, and if anyone says 'Amen to that' I am gonna kick your @##!

By the way Rommel, this forum has gone through 62 entries. Oops, 63!

90MINLIM

18 years ago
64:  This isn't talking about religion.  It is talking about the okay use of the word gay.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
Naw man... your not getting it... we're not dissing religions... we're debating.

90MINLIM

18 years ago
I'm not opposed to any religions, nor am I for any religions.  There are somethings I like about lots of different religions.  Didn't this JJJ guy I hear about make a game on religion?  Also, I believe that Gay's should have the same rights as straights.