Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
So reading through these horror stories about people’s worst gaming (Mostly RPGs) experiences on other sites made me laugh.

Anyone got a story like that on here? Like some creepy guy that insists on playing scantly clad jailbait characters or the guy that never takes a shower, the annoying rules lawyer, etc.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
Project Reality. Seriously, fuck Project Reality. It is a battlefield 2 mod that is built around realism, kinda like ARMA. Everyone there acts like a freaking ego-filled, hate-spewing Captian who think they are entitled to order other people what they should do. The community is extremely toxic for new players. They will literally kick you out of the server for having no mic. The ban hammer is even worse than Neogaf. I seriously tried to play a single game for 2 hours but everyone just kept kicking me out for having no mic (it is not mandatory acc to game). What makes it even worse is that it was my first online multiplayer experience. I still have nightmares whenever I hear the word 'Online Multiplayer'...

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
Worst gaming experience, in Plasma Burst 2, there were 3 players including me playing a deathmatch mode. The two others pretended to be a couple and would T-bag each other and team up on me. It was so annoying and almost every server had someone pretending to be a couple. Which explains a lot about the game, since the multiplayer mode has been in alpha mode for 2 years now.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

There was a time where I was a co-owner in a guild for a MMO because my friend tempted me to get on to get someone he could "trust". 

I thought he was being melo-dramatic at first until the guild got to like thirty members over a year when one member did a  total revolt and took all the guild members with him to make a new one leaving the owner and me alone with it all happening overnight.

I didn't really care much since I was off and on the MMO because it was already dying, but the guild owner got like uber deppressed and and wouldn't play any other game for awhile. Then he started blaming me for all the people that left since I wasn't active and he got super dramatic. Though at that point I was kinda laughing at how far he was getting into it.

^This is primarily why I stopped getting into MMO's.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Come on now, there's nothing worse than someone else blowing up your house in Minecraft. That's the worst experience for a gamer. Other than that, I really haven't had bad gaming experiences. Other than ones caused by people and not the game.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

I must confess, I did that once. I was in a minecraft village with some mods that were only really active in cities, and you only got to lock your property if you were a paying member. Though griefing was against the rules, this guy kept building a bridge over to my house and breaking in and stealing my shit. He wasn't even subtle about it. Every time I logged on there'd be a fucking dirt bridge built from a hole in the second story of his house over to my balcony, the fence would be broke, and then my chests would be empty. The mods just shrugged, said they had enough griefers to deal with already (To be fair, it was a huge server) and said if he didn't stop I should live somewhere more populated, or leave altogether. 

I had enough of this bullshit, so I went off to live in the wilderness, while keeping stuff in my chests whenever he logged on just to keep him coming. He did this for weeks, and still nothing happened to him. I finally just dug under his house, and then rigged up everything with TNT, made sure his chests would empty into lava pools I put in his basement, and that everything would go off as soon as he opened up his iron door. There were lots of mispelled caps locks that day. Then I came back to make sure he wouldn't wreak bloody vengeance on what was left of my shitty house, and sat on top of a wall shooting him until he left the game.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Payback is a bitch isn't it? That was great planning, and attacking on your end though. He should have known better than to mess with someone so crafty. 

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

I don't think he was capable of knowing. He rarely spoke to anyone, and seemed oblivious to everyone trying to stop him. I actually killed him once or twice, but he'd just sit at the window of his house, staring right the fuck at my place, wait until he saw me leave, and keep doing exactly what he was doing before. Eventually I just changed my skin and nickname so he thought I moved timezones and he could get away with whatever he wanted.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Naruyashan. Not that I should talk, the way I was back then.

I've suffered a lot of gaming bullshit in my day, multiplayer or otherwise, but I did have a very salty experience on Roblox when I was wee. The place had a massively overpowered VIP T-Shirt that allowed you to pretty much instantly kill everyone, and only one thing could really kill you, since one of the VIP Vending Machines gave you an uncountably infinite amount of health. (To the point where your health bar looked empty no matter how many "Full Heal" potions you drank.) That thing was the regular bow, which was fairly cheap, the arrow was basically instant, and it didn't deal damage, it was just set to kill instantly. The problem was that the arrow moved so fast that 2 out of every 3 shots that landed on a person wouldn't have any effect because it would clip through most solid objects before the hit could register. And VIPs could also boost their speed as much as they wanted, so not only were they hard to hit, (If that hit even registered) but they were also faster than you. And their instant kill weapons would kill you if they touched you, not if they swung it at you. And they could fly, so they could get over all of your walls and tag you to death.

The only way you could beat the game was to buy the T-Shirt, so of course I bought the damn thing and murdered everyone with it, especially targetting everyone with VIP T-Shirts because fuck those VIP bastards. I learned what it was to enjoy the tears of salty Children, even though I pretty much was one, and that's why I was enjoying it. It got to the point where I was just playing the game not to have fun, but to spite the VIP bastards while simultaneously being one of the VIP bastards that I hated so much. Gaming sessions would consist less of playing the game at hand and more of VIPs and regular players screaming and insulting each other, with lots of murder all around. On the bright side, I did "Teach" a normie how to use the bow, and he ended up shooting a VIP through a wall so he couldn't keep me from getting to the VIP vending machines and getting superpowers to stop him with. Then I betrayed everyone because fuck you I'm VIP.

Oh, there were also games where you could build anything out of your model collection in an open sandbox. I wonder if a culture of salty kids who hate everyone would design an automatic spawnpoint that takes away all the items and building powers of new players and the recently deceased, leaving them in a cage so they can see everything you're building, but have nothing to do except repeatedly hurl themselves against a suicide block, and any old dumbfuck could just plonk it down whenever they felt like it? Oh, and a gun that not only instantly kills you but kicks you off the server. I was once ambiguously threatened by a guy who thought he still had the admin powers that he spawned in for himself when I pointed the gun at him.

"NEVER! DON'T YOU EVER SHOOT ME WITH THAT GUN! DON'T EVER DO IT!"

Of course I had to kick him like 30 times. Roblox was a mostly terrible place whenever players had the ability to disbalance power.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

we basically went out like NWA.

in a past dnd game, although I'm not 100% sure, i'm pretty sure our dm had a grudge against one of the guys in our party (i knew all these people fairly well from school btw and most of them were my friends.) and kinda took it out on him.  i'll call this player M.

it's also worth noting that im pretty sure the dm was gay for me due to several pas events. but that's an entirely different story for another time. is relevant because he really favored me in the game and im pretty sure its because he had a crush on me...

so i had a secret thing going on that the rest of the party didn't, i don't remember too much of the plot anymore but basically i was a half orc who was going to avenge his slaughtered tribe by becoming a lich and raising his tribe from the dead and killing the elves who had purged our tribe, because honor and valhalla and things. when i told the dm my backstory he suggested that M be a part of the elven civlization that had defeated my tribe because he ws an elf and inter-party conflict is fun. so he ran this by M n he said ok.

its worth noting the other guys didnt know about the lich plans. so to start preparations to become lich me and dm would have these private sessions where id do some private things, i don't remember exaxtly but point was i was becoming a lich and no one but dm and some goons i had gotten a hold of knew about it. to prevent continuity errors i did these things when the rest of the party was  sleeping in-game or if we were seperated.

after a couple of these private sessions, i had become inSANELY powerful when compared to the test of the party, and i also had a small army that was constantly growing. the party even noticed this during regular sessions when we dungeon crawled and fought enemies. dm and i kept the reasons as to why i was level like 10 while they were all still 1-4 vague and let on that some things were going on and i knew some things they didn't.

also the dm would constantly pick on M. for examplw: seperating M from us in a dungeon and having him face impossible odds. he always got the short end of the srick.

at this point it's worth noting that our dm didnt give exp like the "normal" way, he basically just gave us a level increase after every few sessions after we did something significant. however i was growing like 2 levels per private sesh. it was definitely unfair but i felt like i was "earning" it and thus it was okay (i was pretty new to dnd during this 
campaign).

if you know the story of NWA that's pretty much what happened to us, the other party members were wondering why i was getting special treatment and kind of felt annoyed by it, dm and i would keep reasons vague, justify it, or outright deny it / downplay it. it was pretty bad lmao.

eventually towards the end of the campaign, i don't remember how but the secret got out that iwas a lich. M and I have a confrontation. finally, the last member of the tribe wiped out by the elves was going to avenge his people!

dm told me to use a spell that was like 10 levels ahead of me. insta kill.

the rest of the party complained ofc. i think we played like 2 more sessions wherein we travelled to hell for reasons i dont really remember. think it was to resurrect M.

as it tuns out a year or so later dm came out of the closet.

that was provably the worst gaming experience ive bad.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

You went out like NWA?... Were you going to have a reunion and then one of your guys died of AIDS?

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Good story, but it’s even funnier with just reading these lines…

im pretty sure the dm was gay for me due to several pas events.

me and dm would have these private sessions where id do some private things, i don't remember exaxtly

after a couple of these private sessions, i had become inSANELY powerful

as it tuns out a year or so later dm came out of the closet.

that was provably the worst gaming experience ive bad.

Makes it almost sound like the DM drugged you, had his way with you and the gay rape somehow made you stronger in the process.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

End. Please. xD

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Once I kept getting kicked out of a COD server for "hacking" because my kill streaks kept getting to the 30's or so, and everyone else had kill streaks of around 2 or 5 before they died. Pfft. I haven't heard so many kids trying to use "bad words" since that. To be fair, they were around 8 or so.

Another time, joined a pretty stupid guild on this game I bought for like...3$.
I grinded a bit in the event dungeon and got around 700k battle rating. So these people started asking me to join their guild(Which, if I recall, was called PWNED or some shit like that). They got pissed when I ended up with higher battle rating than the owner, and got the Ace rank. The owner kicked me out of the guild(which is funny, since I was the one who contributed the most Gold and Diamonds to the guild treasury, and usually carried them in Conquest), and the other people wouldn't stop bothering me for a few months until, I assume they either got bored of me ignoring them or someone else attracted their attention.

Then there was that one MMO RPG I played where I got the top two BR ranking members of Server73 to get into some petty fight - wait. That isn't a bad experience story. 

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
Then there was this other time playing Project Reality... So basically I joined a squad with some NonMic-Master Race members. We took a chpper and went to the other side of the map.

The moment we were on ground, a tank wiped us all out. After a few mins we came back to that place and the tank was still there. We lured it into masterful trap where it got stuck. However, with some sorcery it managed to again wipe us all out. We came back and the tank was still stuck there. And ofcourse, once again it wiped all of our squad. In a matter of 15 minutes, the stuck tank managed to kill 15 of our squad. Even the enemy team was making fun of it, lol.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
The above happened in a game where the average kill rate is 2 kills per round (the rounds are 180 mins long).

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
My oldest brother is a fucking dickhead when it comes to board games. We played Twilight Imperium together with his friend and the rest of the family, played a good fourteen hours or so. He and my other brother were neck and neck. Keep in mind, my oldest bro has won every game we've played, save for one.

They tie. The one who hasn't won is just happy to have finally won this long ass game that we play once a year. But my oldest brother isn't happy, oh no. He decides to open the rulebook and check the "if it's a tie" section. We all warned him not to be a fucking dickhead, but he decided to anyway.

He found this super obscure rule that's like "If you both have the same amount of victory points, check your unit point value." Their point value was the same. And then he saw another rule that basically said "if this happens, count the number of planets; the person who has the most wins the game." He had more planets.

Dude starts boasting and jumping up and down. We won in the long term, though, because nobody fucking plays Twilight anymore.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

Yeah, your brother sounds like a fucking dickhead if he ruined Twilight Imperium like that.

Funniest random planet event in that game was where tiny psionic frogs wipe out your entire fleet with their super mind powers if you invaded their planet.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

I dunno dude, if the game has a specific written procedure for breaking ties then it's not really a dickhead move to break the tie with it. The celebrating sounds a bit douchy though,

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago
You don't know the man, but I do. He's like this in every game. The first guy to demand you flip through the rulebook. It took him like ten minutes to find the rule, too. Uber petty.

Worst Gaming Experiences

7 years ago

On the contrary, finding the correct rule means that you play the remainder of all rounds of that game correctly. Sometimes it's the difference between having fun playing a balanced board game (in the way that it's intended) and playing a completely different, unbalanced game. Not getting the rules right leads to 4 hour Monopoly games! I'm all for getting the rules right, and yeah, it disrupts game flow, but once you know the rule, you don't have to look for it again.

Not saying your brother isn't a dickhead though. He's related to you after all! ;)