Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This Movie About Martian Life Looks Good.

7 years ago

https://youtu.be/EoI0-kOubSU

Three cheers for aliens that aren't those standard humanoid aliens we've been getting for years!

And then boo for the trope of "Astronauts Trapped In Space With Alien"

But still, it looks neat. 

7 years ago

Do it as a clicky link, peasant.

Looks interesting, but they focus way too much on that single scene of the alien and not enough on the other parts of the movie. Trailers are supposed to summarize the entire movie while not providing any spoilers, not have a bunch of unnecessary footage that could've been spent on explaining the other aspects of the movie, such as how they found the alien for example. (Nevermind, saw the actual trailer.) Also, a super strong starfish-looking thingy isn't really that much interesting than green humanoids.

Also, the actors seem a little too apathetic about what's going on. "Hey Q" He says casually with just a slight tinge of worry in his voice while his friend is obviously in a lot of pain from his hand being crushed and twisted by a presumably very dangerous specimen that could tear open the glove and escape.

Also, at 0:58 he pulls the glove outwards away from the tank, but at 1:22 the glove is now inwards into the tank.

7 years ago

Too be honest I feel that people in these movies are really damn dumb. I would just get a sledgehammer or a blowtorch and blast the shit out of that little starfish...

7 years ago

Mother fucker, do you think that they won't try that?  I swear to god, this site is an excellent argument for eugenics. 

7 years ago

Yeah, I don't. The fact that they didn't take a heavy metal object and end that guy's agony is a clear sign of that.

7 years ago

>Guy goes through like 7 years of college to even be authorised to start learning about this starfish.

>May be the only biologist/qualified doctor on board for all they tell you.

>The starfish, still contained in a box breaks his hand.

Obviously kill him, he's served his only purpose and totally can't get out.

7 years ago

"Hello sir, I'm interested in offering you a role in my space movie."

"Gee whiz, what'll I play?"

"A doctor."

"Whoo! A black guy playing a doctor! This'll be great! Do I get rid of cancer?"

"No, like I said before, you'll be in space. Only with Ryan Reynolds. Also aliens.

"Oh, alright, still sounds fun.  

"Also you die...."

"Hm, well that was inevitable I guess."

"In the trailer." 

It's a raw deal both ways. 

7 years ago

Who knows? We're really breaking new ground here. Remember that one horror movie that comedian made? At first, it looked like it was going to be about racists, but it turned out to be about horror the whole time! And the black guy survived! Maybe he just has a fucked up hand for the rest of the movie? I mean, geez, it's a broken hand. Hardly an open artery, wouldn't you say? Just look at the original Ash. Hell, look at the extended series' Ash, who didn't even have a goddamn hand!

They only have like 5 guys, so really they probably aren't going to be hasty with the murdering quite yet. Not every encounter with the monster is going to kill people, not even the first one.