Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

Hello I am a new member of this website and would love to try and make some stories here as Infinite story wasn't really doing it for me as I find this site much more interesting.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago
Welcome!

Yeah, IS is a barren wasteland and the forums getting taken down didn't exactly help. The editor there is pretty simple to use and there are things I like about it, and new stories still pop up fairly regularly even now. But nobody really comments on anything so it all seems like effort wasted.

Anyway, Endmaster is here with all his stories so you're not losing much in the transition.

So happy reading /writing /whatever and let us know if you have any questions.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

Wow you guy reply fast

Just a newbie here

6 years ago
Not always, but yeah, we sometimes do. There's always something going on in the forums. Even with a writing contest going on now, we're still chatting here.
I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

I think I will

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

Since when did you change the profile picture?

@zalazool Welcome, by the way.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

It was a dark elf for quite a solid amount of time, and that change happened a long time ago. This most recent change happened in view of the Deus Vult thread, and the ensuing Holy War that the site has going on.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

I remember she had that other elf one for a while, and then I went out of commission.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago
I started using the dark elf around New Years but it just wasn't doing it for me. This one is new but accurately displays my RL expression at all times when using the site.

But hey, you're back. Any fresh relationship drama to share?

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

None. We're still together, and yesterday was sixteen months for us. Thanks for asking though.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

Oh look, a refugee from that distant shithole. Hello, new person. Please grab a profile picture if you're going to be on here much, it'd be helpful in distinguishing you. Oh, and enjoy the site.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Just a newbie here

6 years ago

:) Welcome!

If you have the time, I recommend you check out some of the awesome stories on the site.

I will use copy and paste to recommend what I just recommend your fellow newbie Ultimate_Reader:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction. Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have great fun on the site!

Just a newbie here

6 years ago
Hooplah!